Why become a member? ×

ESP (japan not Ltd) Horizon 5

Rayman

FS/FT is my ESP Horizon. Made in Japan in the early 90's, this bass is not to be confused with the cheaper Ltd range, this thing is pure quality.

EMGs, 34" scale, beautiful Ebony board, low action, utterly fab bass, powerful, clean highs, gut wrenching lows, so much so that pictures fell of the wall during our last gig.

Rarer than rocking horse s***, and complete with it's ESP case, I traded out my Spector Euro 4LX to get it, so I'm after [b]£600[/b] or a trade for something interesting, 5 strings prefered. I am after a Schecter Model T if anyone has one, plus cash my way, or a Precision or Jazz (4 or 5)

Genuinely reluctant to sell it, so I may just keep it, depending on interest.

NOW GONE.

Edited by Rayman

Don't assume this beauty is a rock bass alone, it isn't, I've played everything from jazz to metal and everything in between. Awesome slap tone too.

I think the picture behind me was one that fell off the wall during the gig. Edited by Rayman

Cheers all for the nice comments.

It's neck through.....

Any marks you can see are reflections. The only marks on the back are very light ones that the camera wouldn't pick up.

Edit: I'm interested in Warwick, Musicman and Spector 5ers, amongst other things, and I'd be happy to pitch both my basses together, this one and the Ibanez GWB-35 I also have for sale for a straight trade for the right bass, although there's no case with the Ibanez. I'm also interested in Fender Jazz if you have one.

Edited by Rayman

Yeah it really plays itself, very comfortable because the big cutaway on the back, beautiful fretboard too.

I'm really not sure about this. I'll see if anything pops up then I think I'll just keep it. I also have a feeling it's an 80's rather than 90's bass. Others I've seen pictures of from the early 90's have higher serial numbers than this one. 80's....90's whatever it really doesn't matter, but it's a beautiful thing, and I'm talking myself out of selling it to be honest.

[quote name='Rayman' post='1196842' date='Apr 12 2011, 02:23 PM']Cheers all for the nice comments.

It's neck through.....

Any marks you can see are reflections. The only marks on the back are very light ones that the camera wouldn't pick up.

Edit: I'm interested in Warwick, Musicman and Spector 5ers, amongst other things, and I'd be happy to pitch both my basses together, this one and the Ibanez GWB-35 I also have for sale for a straight trade for the right bass, although there's no case with the Ibanez. I'm also interested in Fender Jazz if you have one.[/quote]

Jebus. I just cleared my cards, and couldn't afford to lose a bollock if the wife found me putting anything on them. Also, no 5'ers for the tradey. Gutting, looks really stunning Rayman. Where did you originally pick this up?

Cheers geezer, yeah, I thought it might go a bit sooner, oh well, no hurry.

Price drop £600, with it's case, delivered, can't say fairer than that, but that's as low as I'll go.

Trade....Precision, Jazz?

Thanks for the couple of offers I've had, but I'm still looking.

Bit more info:

BODY Alder
NECK Hard Maple 3P
FINGERBOARD Ebony , 24frets
SCALE 34 inch (864mm)
NUT (width) Carbon (40mm)
INLAY Offset Dot
JOINT Neck-thru-body
BRIDGE Custom Bass Bridge
PICKUPS (Front) ESP Activ Type P(1989~), EMG P(1992~)
(Rear) ESP Activ Type J(1989~), EMG J(1992~)
CONTROL Front Volume, Rear Volume
2 Band EQ (JETT CIRCUIT H4)

I've seen something I really want, £600 with case or a trade for a Fender P or J, Lakland or Warwick. I've emailed ESP in Japan for a date of manufacture, no idea if they'll reply.

Edited by Rayman