Why become a member? ×

SOLD! 1990 Warwick Thumb NT4 with extras

wilko_66

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1215510' date='Apr 30 2011, 08:23 AM']BUMP

Why has this not sold ?
This is from Warwick's best era. These basses "don't get any better than this" to quote a TV chef type person.

If i didn't already have one I would snap this up. It has extras too - what is wrong with you guys. BUY THIS NOW.

Good luck and post my sales commision to the usual address please. :) :) :lol:

Cheers
Dave
:D[/quote]

Haha! Thanks man! I will let you have a go on whatever i get next as part of your comission! :P

And i agree...BUY THIS NOW!! Haha!

[quote name='FLoydElgar' post='1215691' date='Apr 30 2011, 12:10 PM']Life is good man had to do some stuff for my mum and all I don't think I will continue with the degree... Not really doing much on it to be honest...
Yeah that BG looks nice man! Send him a pm!!

GB's sound good but! VEry GB :)

Keep everything up man you're great player.

F[/quote]

Ah, that's a shame man, i think it's gonna hot up next year...aparently! :) I completely understand tho, does feel like we are goin no-where, and you gotta do what's right for you and your family! I'm dissapointed your selling the green machine, that is a lovely instrument! Good luck!

Thanks!

J

[quote name='wilko_66' post='1228080' date='May 11 2011, 09:27 PM']still here! Who wants it?[/quote]

ME!

I'd love another one but bank says no. :)

Folk'll trip over themselves to snap up Fenders for this kind of money but ignore rare opportunities to get basses like this. Very strange.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1228103' date='May 11 2011, 09:57 PM']ME!

I'd love another one but bank says no. :)

Folk'll trip over themselves to snap up Fenders for this kind of money but ignore rare opportunities to get basses like this. Very strange.[/quote]

Haha! Yeah, it is pretty balmy! These early warwicks really are stunning instruments, so well built with an incredible tone! Shame i need the money, or i would be able to keep her! :)

[quote name='jimbobothy' post='1232542' date='May 15 2011, 10:42 PM']Agree with the above post, I've had many wicks and I prefer their tone over most basses, have a bump on me![/quote]

Haha! Thank you! Played a 1989 streamer and it was stunning, almost made me trade in various basses, there's just something about these early warwicks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='1274515' date='Jun 19 2011, 10:47 AM']Does this have EMG's or MEC - pick ups installed?[/quote]

I believe it is mec's. markings have all but worn off. will have a better look in the mornin.

j

Hi Wilko

I have been after one of these for years but like most people I am financially embarrassed. I don't suppose there is any way you would consider trading it for my beloved 1971 fender telecaster guitar. [attachment=83865:telecaster_1.jpg] [attachment=83866:telecaster_3.JPG] Regards Vindi

[quote name='vindi' post='1289948' date='Jul 2 2011, 11:21 AM']Hi Wilko

I have been after one of these for years but like most people I am financially embarrassed. I don't suppose there is any way you would consider trading it for my beloved 1971 fender telecaster guitar. [attachment=83865:telecaster_1.jpg] [attachment=83866:telecaster_3.JPG] Regards Vindi[/quote]

That is incredibly tempting, i just wouldn't know where to start with a guitar. Is it all original etc?

jamie

[quote name='wilko_66' post='1296938' date='Jul 8 2011, 10:53 AM']That is incredibly tempting, i just wouldn't know where to start with a guitar. Is it all original etc?

jamie[/quote]

Hi Jamie

Unfortunately not all original any more. I've had to get the machine heads changed & the pup's - as they were no longer serviceable - had them all done professionally, & it was also re-fretted in the 80's. The new pup's were made by "kent armstrong" to my spec. I got the guitar in about 83. Its a 1971 CBS era model. It was fret dressed & set up last year. I hadn't intended to sell it and it has been gigged regularly over the last 30 years & plays like a dream. I have two other guitars as well now so it is surplus to requirements. I've only got the one bass & would like the thumb to complete my collection. I can remember trying one out back in the early 90's & loving it but couldn't afford one back then.
If you need any more info PM me & we can email or phone etc.

Cheers vindi

[quote name='vindi' post='1297320' date='Jul 8 2011, 03:20 PM']Hi Jamie

Unfortunately not all original any more. I've had to get the machine heads changed & the pup's - as they were no longer serviceable - had them all done professionally, & it was also re-fretted in the 80's. The new pup's were made by "kent armstrong" to my spec. I got the guitar in about 83. Its a 1971 CBS era model. It was fret dressed & set up last year. I hadn't intended to sell it and it has been gigged regularly over the last 30 years & plays like a dream. I have two other guitars as well now so it is surplus to requirements. I've only got the one bass & would like the thumb to complete my collection. I can remember trying one out back in the early 90's & loving it but couldn't afford one back then.
If you need any more info PM me & we can email or phone etc.

Cheers vindi[/quote]

Im going to consult with a guitarist friend of mine and I might well be in touch! In the meantime, any other offers very welcome!

Jamie