Why become a member? ×

G&L L2000 Tribute. SOLD.

solo4652

Folks,

I've invested in a USA L2000, so my Tribute isn't getting played. Sadly, I can't justify keeping it.

ID number = 04106846 which dates it to 2005, possibly 2006. Natural body, maple neck. I should think that many people on Basschat know all about these basses, but in case you don't here's the official spec: [url="http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/basses/L-2000/index.asp"]http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/Tribu...-2000/index.asp[/url]

The bass is in excellent condition, having not been played much at all - it's always been my back-up, first to a Fender P, then the USA L2000. There are some [i]very[/i] minor marks in the usual places - top of headstock, slight "bloom" of bucklerash on the back. Other than that, it's clean as a whistle. You'd buy this in shop as "ex-demo", no problem. I will point out that one of the knobs has been replaced somewhere along the line and is ever-so-slightly off-centre. Don't worry, though, all controls work exactly as they should. Currently sporting Status halfwound strings which add to the famous G&L big sound to give a truly fat and warm tone. Comes with a beat-up Warwick gigbag which will protect it in transit but won't win any concours d'elegance prizes.

The bass is here in Stockport. Buffed, cleaned and lonely - bless it. You're more than welcome to come round anytime for a try out and a chat. £350. :)

Photos:

[attachment=77053:001.JPG]

[attachment=77054:002.JPG]

[attachment=77055:003__3_.JPG]

[attachment=77056:004.JPG]

[attachment=77057:003.JPG]

Might be better to PM me with messages to ensure I see them promptly.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='tom1946' post='1193845' date='Apr 9 2011, 03:30 PM']Must.... re...sist.....

I have a natural trib and it's my best G&L, buy it as you won't be sorry.[/quote]

Absolutely. When I bought this bass I already had a Tribute with the darker body and rosewood neck. When A/B'ed, the natural/maple (just) had the clearer, more cut-through tone. So I kept the natural/mape one and sold the first one. Looks good in the photos, doesn't it!

Steve

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1194023' date='Apr 9 2011, 07:50 PM'][attachment=77071:IMAG0027.jpg]

Meao..ump[/quote]

Almost as desirable as that G&L L2000 Tribute over there...

[attachment=77072:100_0568.JPG]

[quote name='MB1' post='1193996' date='Apr 9 2011, 07:20 PM']MB1. :)
Ive played this! and its an absolute cracker great tone and as New! :)
BUMP![/quote]

Thanks Martin! With your kind remarks, it looks like the bass has now been sold.

Steve

Oooh, it arrived this morning! In my haste to get into the box, I cut my ruddy finger open :)

The finish looks even nicer in the flesh - the body's a deeper hue than the pics show.

Can't wait to try it out tonight! Top marks to Steve for a lovely bass, shipped superfast.