Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*Sold* H/H 2x15 BL, 200W, 8 ohm, -->£50<--

razze06

[url="http://www.hhamplification.co.uk/speakerpic.asp?bigpics=dbfiles/speakers/215b.jpg"]One of these[/url]

Got this in a deal, but don't really have any use for it.

Quite tall and shallow, sounds very good when driven by its matching HH vs bassamp head. Lots of brightness and mids to the sound, dare I say typical of the era.

It's very heavy (two man lift), but it's got castors. It's been used for live action for decades, so it's quite battered, and missing the original front cover. The front grille is not bad, however.

I can take some pics and upload them.

Not really much of an idea about value of this, say £70?

I believe shipping would be horrendous for this, so I would prefer pick up or delivery only reasonably close to Edinburgh.

Edited by razze06

I can attest to the VERY heavy, this is the cab that bust my back when as an over enthusiastic 20 year old I attempted to lift my one of these through a door down some stairs.

I still visit an osteopath 20 years later as a result :)

Absolutely bomb proof cab though!

[quote name='51m0n' post='1187492' date='Apr 4 2011, 10:32 AM']I can attest to the VERY heavy, this is the cab that bust my back when as an over enthusiastic 20 year old I attempted to lift my one of these through a door down some stairs.

I still visit an osteopath 20 years later as a result :)

Absolutely bomb proof cab though![/quote]
You should be working for Curry's :)

[quote name='razze06' post='1187822' date='Apr 4 2011, 02:50 PM']I'm just wondering, should I keep this as a static practice room cab and flog my ashdown mag 410?[/quote]

Dunno about that! The HH is only rated at 200watts whereas the MAG is what, 450? OK, fairly ambitious on the Ashdown - but if you play loud and/or use a powerful amp the 4x10 might be the better option. Depends on how they both sound of course. Personally, I never cared much for HH gear...

[quote name='Conan' post='1189099' date='Apr 5 2011, 03:10 PM']Dunno about that! The HH is only rated at 200watts whereas the MAG is what, 450? OK, fairly ambitious on the Ashdown - but if you play loud and/or use a powerful amp the 4x10 might be the better option. Depends on how they both sound of course. Personally, I never cared much for HH gear...[/quote]

I got the matching HH vs bassamp , I'm going to give it a spin tonight at practice and see what's what.

I reckon that the ashdown has got more bottom end, yet I don't do dub, have a low B or play drop-tuned metal. It could be an interesting choice.

Either way, one will be sold!

I used to use 2 of those cabs, with fane 1oo watt speakers fitted (I got 4 for £80 from DC Boultons in Bradford in the early 80s), and a marshall 50 watt valve head, biggest heaviest sound from a 50 watter I ever heard, and 1 cab fitted in the boot of a triumph spitfire with the boot lid open!!!!

I've used this cab at practice last night. Well impressed with it!
Mighty and powerful sound sound, with lots of mids and a fairly aggressive edge.

In fairness it doesn't have the very deep lows that modern and larger cabs have, but it's got a definite character and boy is it solid!

Still for sale, grab a piece of vintage gear for no money!