Why become a member? ×

Fender Big Block

waynepunkdude

Wayne - These weren't 1990's, more like 2004 ish. Mexican, they did a Strat and Tele too.

That pickguard is non original too.

£450 Is way off the mark, think they were that new!?

They're cool, like a poor mans Stingray.

This one isn't cool though.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1180114' date='Mar 28 2011, 09:44 PM']Wayne - These weren't 1990's, more like 2004 ish.

That pickguard is non original too.

£450 Is way off the mark, think they were that new!?

They're cool, like a poor mans Stingray.

This one isn't cool though.[/quote]

Haha, I'm not surprised they are usually crooks in there.

I thought the Tele control plate was a bit weird, I quite like it but not enough to be conned.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1180159' date='Mar 28 2011, 10:09 PM']They appeal to me, in theory, but they got pretty bad reviews, or had a jazzy neck, something put me off when I looked into it.[/quote]

I also loved them, or at least the appearance and idea of them, at the time. They were quite a recent thing, mind you - certainly not 10+ years ago. A Jazzy neck would have increased the appeal for me, but when I was checking out the online reviews a while back the consensus was that they sounded crap (technical term).

as a long time ago i was in search for youtube videos about the amazing fender tbp 1 preamp, which i bought later on, i found those french guys performing in this video with a big block, it may give you an idea of the bass
you maybe want to start at 2:00 ^^

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='MythSte' post='1180760' date='Mar 29 2011, 02:39 PM']That sounds really nice to me... and if they go for under £400 I might keep my eyes open.[/quote]

i`ve seen them 3 or 4 times for that price
in my oppinion, they are worth a try, depending on that impression of the video above