Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE - Ampeg SVT610HLF 6x10 Bass Cab

woodyratm

Hey all,

Head is now gone (via ebay sadly) - so the 6x10 cab is still left.
£600 and its yours. Not really sure about shipping it though (given the size!) but can look into if required.

Cab is in very good condition - just a few minor tears on the tolex. Wheels are still in good nick and the kick plate still has the blue plastic on it. It's not a US one, but it sounds amazing. If I could justify keeping it I would be.

I'm in Aberdeen.

Davie

EDIT - Now £550

Edited by woodyratm

Bump again. I'm open to offers/making a deal on both.

Also willing to ship if required (scary thought that!)
Just PM me :)

Im still working on pictures but I'd guess most people know what they look like. Just a small amount of tolex damage on the cab (Nothing major).

i've got a hartke hydrive 410 that i'm toying with trading in for a 4ohm cab of some description, viat works really well with a 5 string bass. How well does the 610 stack up at the bottom end (30-40hz)?

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='paul_5' post='1193468' date='Apr 9 2011, 01:33 AM']i've got a hartke hydrive 410 that i'm toying with trading in for a 4ohm cab of some description, viat works really well with a 5 string bass. How well does the 610 stack up at the bottom end (30-40hz)?[/quote]

In all honesty - i'm not 100% sure - since i've never (as i can recall) used a 5 string through it. I think i'd sold that bass before i bought the cab.
But it does reproduce brilliant sounds with my octave pedal (if that helps at all).

Have you tried the 8x10 before? I find that the 6x10 has a bit more definition to the notes, but still sounds like a monster.

Hi there, I know you've said the Amp is non US.. what about the cab (it should say at the top of the connector plate). Are you only looking at lightweight replacements as trade pieces or are you open to anything else? Good luck with the sales... on all fronts.

Ta

Andy

Just to say these are great cabs, plenty of low end, and don't be put off by the fact it's Vienamese. I have Viet SVT410 HLF, and I can honestly say its one of the very best cabs I have ever used, and I used LOADS, and its been completely reliable in two years of extensive use, and just as well built as the US cabs I had some years back. I haven't noticed any difference in quality at all.

Somebody buy this mans cab, its a goody !!

S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1250714' date='May 30 2011, 08:06 PM']This is a great cab, especially for the price it's going for. I used one on a gig, with a 6 string tuned down to A. It can definately handle the full range of anything you put through it, an absolute monster![/quote]
Exactly. Its an amazing cab.

:)

Combined with PauBass's SVT 5 Pro (for sale on here) this is essentially my rig, albeit I have the USA version of the cab.

An absolute steal for both cab and amp for a grand, that would be 1350w of bridged power into the 610. List price for these cabs is about a grand now!

Buy them and never need to worry about power ever again :)

Edited by Stag

[quote name='Stag' post='1251703' date='May 31 2011, 04:14 PM']Combined with PauBass's SVT 5 Pro (for sale on here) this is essentially my rig, albeit I have the USA version of the cab.

An absolute steal for both cab and amp for a grand, that would be 1350w of bridged power into the 610. List price for these cabs is about a grand now!

Buy them and never need to worry about power ever again :)[/quote]

+1

The head was about £30 to ship - so i could probs ship for that if needed? I'll just wrap the cab in card and leave the wheels on show.

Would still prefer local collection but if needed I can ship. :)