Why become a member? ×

Sandberg California JM 4 String Natural Finish

wal4string

Sandberg California JM 4 String Natural Finish, owned from new.

For sale is a 4 string Sandberg bass with a Jazz and Music man pick up configuration. Bass has a glossed natural wood finish.

Specifications are:

NECK 6 x bolted with block inlays/ canadian hardrock maple?
FRETBOARD 22 frets
SCALE 864 mm / 34",
HARDWARE sandberg
PICKUP 1 Delano J-style / 1 Delano M-style humbucker / PU-split
PREAMP sandberg 2-band, active / passive, passive tone control

Bass purchased new about 18months ago. Only used/Gigged on 2 cruises lasting 4 weeks in total, not gigged since.

Great sounding bass, and very versatile due to the push/pull active/ passive controls as well as the built in E.Q.

Bass fell off stand causing a splinter in the body of the bass but only very light, stupidly I made damage worse when the splinter ruined the sleeve of my DJ (new DJ which cost me £200.00), pulled off the splinter back as far as It would go, fixed
the sleeve catching problem but made made bass damage worse, a local luthier has told me he would charge £40.00 to sand down and varnish, not visible from front and only [color="#4169E1"][b][size=3]cosmetic[/size][/b][/color] without effecting the playability so not bothered.

Looking for around £750.00 OVNO. Price drop now looking for[color="#4169E1"][size=4] £650.00[/size][/color]. Price drop saving can be used to cover the cost of repair, but as I say this is only cosmetic

Buyer pays for shipment if not collected.

Comes with Sandberg gig bag.

Removed the black pick guard which will ship with the bass (can't find screws at the moment) (screws now found)

Took bass to my local Post Office bass weighs 4292 g = 9.46224 lb

[size=3][color="#FF0000"]Only trade I might be interested is a Musicman Stingray.[/color][/size]

Laptop problems so if you could email me [color="#FF0000"][size=4][email protected][/size][/color]

You can always text me 07518378808 or call for any questions.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='wal4string' post='1179264' date='Mar 28 2011, 11:10 AM']PM'd[/quote]

Was so sorely tempted (by the Ash /Maple mostly) to add this to my other 2 Sandberg Cali's but decided against finally.

Needless to say these are excellent basses so a deserving........

[size=5]BUMP[/size][b][/b]

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1181449' date='Mar 29 2011, 09:25 PM']Lovely Sandberg.. still playing on the high seas..??? Bump[/quote]

No mate, not since last year. Although you get to play every night, still not sure if I miss it or not. More often need to play crap, which is not good. When I say crap I mean badly written charts, or you get to
back an act that mimes all the high notes (Jane McDonald), but totally different from playing on land. One minute Jazz, next Rock, next classical etc. Good for learning to be an alround player but not got to the stage
as though I have sold my soul to the devil. Although about three years ago was expected to mime a whole show, refused, as had played the same show for over twelve months, put my bass down and sat in the theatre through the run through, (rehearsel) came close to being fired but managed to keep my job as I knew the show arse about face. When I say show I mean a big West End type show with 6 singers, 12 dancers etc. I would recomend to any bass player (reader) but not for everyone.

[quote name='welshio55' post='1187646' date='Apr 4 2011, 12:23 PM']Have played this bass (have known Wal4strings for years) and its stunning, the tone is very rich & mellow... fantastic pick-ups... just wish I had the funds![/quote]

Cheers for the up Welshio.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1181449' date='Mar 29 2011, 09:25 PM']Lovely Sandberg.. still playing on the high seas..??? Bump[/quote]

Bubinga? I now know who you are Ha! Ha!. Took a while. Long time.
Oh! and thanks for the BUMP. (I know its a bit late)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='wal4string' post='1191244' date='Apr 6 2011, 11:13 PM']Bubinga? I now know who you are Ha! Ha!. Took a while. Long time.
Oh! and thanks for the BUMP. (I know its a bit late)[/quote]

Added the PDF Guide.

Edited by wal4string

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='risingson' post='1249854' date='May 30 2011, 01:54 AM']Bloody hell, this should have sold ages ago, these basses are brilliant!![/quote]

I think it has to be the knock which is putting people off but if it affected it's playing then I wouldn't be selling. As you rightly say brilliant basses.

[quote name='wal4string' post='1250752' date='May 30 2011, 08:39 PM']I think it has to be the knock which is putting people off but if it affected it's playing then I wouldn't be selling. As you rightly say brilliant basses.[/quote]

Perhaps although aesthetically from the front that knock is just not an issue, plus these basses sound just excellent for the money, I don't think I've heard much better in fact.

So anyway... bump! :)