Why become a member? ×

looking at a way to mod my wah

0175westwood29

ive just got myself a dunlop crybaby zakk wylde wah love the sound but i really hate having to turn it on via the switch unlike the bass crybaby where you can just stand on it!

ive thought of two things i can do to sort this,

move the switch so i can turn it on like a pedal, or build a tb loop pedal so the wah can be on the whole time.

or im considering just making it like the bass wah? is this possible?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1176459' date='Mar 25 2011, 08:00 PM']ive just got myself a dunlop crybaby zakk wylde wah love the sound but i really hate having to turn it on via the switch unlike the bass crybaby where you can just stand on it!

ive thought of two things i can do to sort this,

move the switch so i can turn it on like a pedal, or build a tb loop pedal so the wah can be on the whole time.

or im considering just making it like the bass wah? is this possible?

andy[/quote]

if you build a loop pedal... you will still have to step on the loop pedal when you want to use the wah... or am I missing something?

[quote name='mcnach' post='1177208' date='Mar 26 2011, 01:48 PM']if you build a loop pedal... you will still have to step on the loop pedal when you want to use the wah... or am I missing something?[/quote]

nope your not missing anything i just hate having to push down and hit the switch, could just leave it on then hit the looper and bring in the wah.

tho tbh id rather have it modded to be like a 105q

andy

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1176656' date='Mar 25 2011, 10:32 PM'][url="http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/"]http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/[/url]

True Bypass and circuit mods on there under DIY resources. Not tried any of them but I've got a standard guitar cry baby sitting around doing nothing.[/quote]

I've done the majority of mods on this site and they are all kosher. I've TB'ed and revoiced my guitar wah following these instructions and can vouch for them.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1177521' date='Mar 26 2011, 07:55 PM']I've done the majority of mods on this site and they are all kosher. I've TB'ed and revoiced my guitar wah following these instructions and can vouch for them.[/quote]

Which would you recommend? I was thinking of doing the bass mod and the vocal sweep and maybe the TB too if I can find a suitable footswitch.

I did the bass mod (.68uf cap i think) and the TB mod by removing the buffer and replacing the switch. I also did the vocal mod, but used a variable resistor instead of a fixed one. This meant drilling a hole in the case, but I only paid £20 for it eBay.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1178943' date='Mar 27 2011, 10:55 PM']I did the bass mod (.68uf cap i think) and the TB mod by removing the buffer and replacing the switch. I also did the vocal mod, but used a variable resistor instead of a fixed one. This meant drilling a hole in the case, but I only paid £20 for it eBay.[/quote]

Yeah, I got mine for £30 so I'm not too bothered about drilling holes, it's the lack of drill or any metalworking skills that puts me off. Might get a PCB mounted variable resistor instead of a pot.