Why become a member? ×

Cleaning Strings

KERMITNT

I came with a new patent of cleaning my strings

1. Lay the bass on the floor or in couch wherever

2. take some news paper and put under the string cove the neck and body dont unwide the bass

3. get a contact clean spray or switch cleaner

4. spray the strings one by one with the straw it helps

5. leave it to dry

after this see the difference in the sound it is huge :)

worth a try

i ve done it this morning tell me your opinion :)

Edited by KERMITNT

[quote name='Conan' post='1174602' date='Mar 24 2011, 03:39 PM']Could you explain it more clearly in Greek?[/quote]

συγγνωμη για τα λαθη που εκανα i expain now in greek :)

sorry i was in a hurry :)

i think i ok now

Edited by KERMITNT

[quote name='Badass' post='1174606' date='Mar 24 2011, 03:41 PM']I think he means 'switch cleaner' / 'Contact spray' used for cleaning switches and metal parts in electronic circuits.

[attachment=75593:servisol...n_1167_p.jpg][/quote]

thats the spray

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='1174616' date='Mar 24 2011, 01:45 PM']συγγνωμη για τα λαθη που εκανα i expain now in greek :)

sorry i was in a hurry :lol:

i think i ok now[/quote]

Sorry! My comment wasn't aimed at you, but at tommorichards. I just thought it was a bit unfair to criticise the grammar of a guy posting in a language that is not his first... :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1174621' date='Mar 24 2011, 03:47 PM']I'm still trying to work out why I'd want to clean my strings! :)[/quote]

actually you can eat a doner kebab and straight go to play the bass

the feel is amazing you can slide like fretless flatwoods strings

so think that helps ahhahahaha

[quote name='Conan' post='1174626' date='Mar 24 2011, 03:49 PM']Sorry! My comment wasn't aimed at you, but at tommorichards. I just thought it was a bit unfair to criticise the grammar of a guy posting in a language that is not his first... :)[/quote]
i am not offended and that why i am jocking yes mate i understand it

you know i have problems in grammar in any language i write a bit out of stracture i dont know why

[quote name='hellothere' post='1174661' date='Mar 24 2011, 04:04 PM']Your English is better than some people who speak it as their native language :)

And do you mean that if the strings are getting dull this allows you to play them for longer before changing them?[/quote]
yes actually for longer life thats a good trick :)

[quote name='tommorichards' post='1174693' date='Mar 24 2011, 02:25 PM']My bad man.

How much does the cleaner normally go for?[/quote]
switch cleaner?,couple of quid from a real electrical component stockist,about 200 quid from Maplin.....,has a variety of uses too,stops crackling pots,ok it has 1 other use i can think of bass wise...

I'm sure you all know this already, but there's GHS Fast Fret and Dunlop 65 String Cleaner and Conditioner which work well and are designed for the job. You can clean your strings in about 30 seconds or less. :)

Edited by TRBboy