Why become a member? ×

What Amp....

BobVbass

Ok ...
so... I've sold my iAMP - great amp, sounded too clean and I couldn't get my small brain around the EQ section.

I need a small (ish) combo - 150W - wedge shape would be good for one of the gigs I do as there's no room for a stack.

and I need an amp to power my barefaced super twelve - Mark Bass or Terror bass perhaps?

Both need to be good for my double bass and my EB as well.

My budget is about £650 all in could probabaly add some more I suppose.

So I've been looking at the Laney RB6 wedge thingy - that looks ok ish; or maybe a TE BLX 150?

Or there's a great looking Eden on here - dual channel as well (v handy!) although it weighs the same as a small planet and if I got that I may as well get rid of my super twelve. There's also a 500W TE 1215 on ebay as well that looks good....

What would be perfect would be a markbass combo and then use my super twelve as an entension cab - except mark bass can't handle a 4 ohm cab only 8 ohm....

At the minute I'm swaying towards the Terror Bass and cheap Laney combo

Anyway after that long ramble what do you all think? :) (apart from "what the hell is he gibbering on about!")

I love my markbass f1 but if you don't want clean sounds you would do well to get a pedal to dirty it up a bit, or find something else. I used to have a laney rb7 before that, it had a nice sound but in a band setting it always sounded really thin and didn't really cut through.

Ibanez Promethean 5110 Combo.
It sounds very very nice, can do MarkBass-esque sounds and a fairly nice vintage tone.
It tilts back.
It's tiny enough to be used as a practice amp.
It's very light.
Puts out 250W into it's 10" speaker which I've managed to get away with at small(ish) pub gigs without PA support along with a tame drummer.
The head is removable and puts out 500W into 4 Ohms.

You should be able to pick one up for about £550 shipped leaving you £100 to squander on alcohol and black jack! :)

Eude

[quote name='bob_pickard' post='1172380' date='Mar 22 2011, 06:07 PM']Excellent advice as usual - brilliant!

the Ampeg looks great but the Ibanez looks exactly what I need! I'll be placing my order tomorrow!

thanks again chaps!

Bob[/quote]

Nice one matey - glad to be of assistance :)
If you have any other questions, you know where we are!

Eude