Why become a member? ×

Best Bass Tech in UK?

acidbass

Hey guys,

I have a bit of work to do on a couple of my basses over the next month or so. My main axe needs the electrics looked at and possibly rewired, as well as a full set up and possibly a new nut and tuners installed. I also want a Jazz pickup installed in the bridge position of my fretless Precision bass as well as a full setup and perhaps get the board lacquered.

Who can do this? Money is no object as long as they treat my babies well and don't mind courier-ing basses to Northern Ireland!

Thanks in advance,

Danny

[quote name='acidbass' post='1168628' date='Mar 19 2011, 06:56 PM']Hey guys,

I have a bit of work to do on a couple of my basses over the next month or so. My main axe needs the electrics looked at and possibly rewired, as well as a full set up and possibly a new nut and tuners installed. I also want a Jazz pickup installed in the bridge position of my fretless Precision bass as well as a full setup and perhaps get the board lacquered.

Who can do this? Money is no object as long as they treat my babies well and don't mind courier-ing basses to Northern Ireland!

Thanks in advance,

Danny[/quote]

All the jobs you need done they don't exactly require a rocket scientist, any decent guitar tech can handle those, they do those day in day out as part of their average routine, if you were talking about who would be the best luthier to glue together a snapped neck or carry out major restore to a vintage bass then your search for some of the best would be justified. There is a listing on this forum in the sticky section at the top with all the most rated techs and luthiers.

Good luck

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='acidbass' post='1168628' date='Mar 19 2011, 06:56 PM']Hey guys,

Thanks in advance,

Danny[/quote]

Personally I'd use DW Guitars but a lot of people will say Bernie Goodfellow.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1168654' date='Mar 19 2011, 07:15 PM']Personally I'd use DW Guitars but a lot of people will say Bernie Goodfellow.[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation. Does Bernie repair and maintain non-GB instruments? Can't see anything on his website.

Danny

[quote name='acidbass' post='1168694' date='Mar 19 2011, 07:41 PM']Thanks for the recommendation. Does Bernie repair and maintain non-GB instruments? Can't see anything on his website.

Danny[/quote]
A few years ago Bernie Goodfellow repaired a Dearmond Starfire for me but I don't think it was exactly top of his list of priorities.