Why become a member? ×

Level 42 Tickets...why?

phsycoandy

I've gone and bought em again, I can't stop myself! Mind u saw em at Arundel Castle outdoors last Autumn and the were awesome, loud,enthusiastic, great weekend away, I guess the Regent at Ipswich wont be the same but, well.
As my kids say, "all u need now dad is a Capri, youre a sad bass tard or something like that"

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='133278' date='Feb 3 2008, 09:18 PM']I've gone and bought em again, I can't stop myself! Mind u saw em at Arundel Castle outdoors last Autumn and the were awesome, loud,enthusiastic, great weekend away, I guess the Regent at Ipswich wont be the same but, well.
As my kids say, "all u need now dad is a Capri, youre a sad bass tard or something like that"[/quote]
Wasn't Lucie Silvas playing at the castle that weekend too? That woulda been worth seeing :)

I saw L42 at Brighton last year and thought it was great. They're back this year and I'll most likely go again .

Nick.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='133278' date='Feb 3 2008, 09:18 PM']I've gone and bought em again, I can't stop myself! Mind u saw em at Arundel Castle outdoors last Autumn and the were awesome, loud,enthusiastic, great weekend away, I guess the Regent at Ipswich wont be the same but, well.
As my kids say, "all u need now dad is a Capri, youre a sad bass tard or something like that"[/quote]
There must be Something About You.

I'll get my 80s coat.

Edited by stingrayfan

I saw L42 at the Birmingham odeon in 1982/3. Incredible! I then saw them at the nec '86. That did nothing for me and I forgot about them until a few years ago. Then they released retroglide which is a superb album and I saw them at The symphony hall (2006). This was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I will be seeing them in October and vow never to miss them again.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='133290' date='Feb 3 2008, 09:40 PM']I saw L42 at the Birmingham odeon in 1982/3. Incredible! I then saw them at the nec '86. That did nothing for me and I forgot about them until a few years ago. Then they released retroglide which is a superb album and I saw them at The symphony hall (2006). This was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I will be seeing them in October and vow never to miss them again.[/quote]
Mr Fudge ure the man! uve refound your youth, your 70's passion, your long hair and your pack of consulate fags, good on ya, join the sad brigade!

I've got my tickets for the Ipswich Regent too ! I've not seen them for about 7 or 8 years so really looking forward to this one.

I dug out my Live At Wembly DVD on Saturday morning and spent the weekend humming along.... :)

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='133411' date='Feb 4 2008, 08:45 AM']It's pretty much a Mark King solo show these days isn't it?[/quote]

No. He has gary husband and Mike lindup for a start and all the players do their bit. mark just happens to be a very good frontman. Perth 2 years ago was superb so I already have my Glasgow tickets.

First saw L42 at the Royal Court in Liverpool on the "Standing in the Light" tour - ticket cost something like £3.50! I was only probably 5 metres from the stage and so could see what MK was doing and was utterly blown away.

After "World Machine" came out L42 got too popular for frustrated muso's like me to get close enough to the action, so just wondering if the venues nowadays have got nice and small again?

(BTW - still got the '80's bass and a MkIII 2.0 Capri in cold-storage in the garage, but sadly not enough hair left to re-grow the obligatory mullet)

• 3 months later...

[quote name='jacko' post='133436' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:40 AM']No. He has gary husband and Mike lindup for a start and all the players do their bit. mark just happens to be a very good frontman. Perth 2 years ago was superb so I already have my Glasgow tickets.[/quote]

Great drummer, but Mr Husband isn't an original (though he was long term) member of the band...

Saw them on the Retroglide tour and they were very good, much better than the stadium-filling bloated beast that was the late 80s/early 90s band.

First time for me was at the Guildford Civic Hall in the early 80s and they were great, really great... and this coming from someone who grew up listening to heavy rock!

I think the modern reincarnation is more in that spirit of the original band, with the emphasis on small venues and having fun.

Then again it could just be a cynical plot on the part of MK to improve his retirement fund.... :)

Edited by walbassist