Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang DOUBLE LIGHT cab = SOLD !!!!!

eubassix

Just ordered a new cab so now willing to let this one go….The Glockenklang DOUBLE LIGHT is a 2 x 12" bass cabinet, weighing 23.5kg (51.5 lbs) with carpet surface.. It features 500 watts at 4ohms with a sensitvity of 100 dB. You can use it alone or in combination with other cabinets. Also very suitable for double bass. The tweeter is adjustable.
(The "std." version has the same sound quality, but weight is 5,5 kg (12 lbs) more (29kg./ 63.5 lbs)
Technical Data:
Powerhandling: 500 watts
Impedance: 4 ohms
Sensitivity: 100 dB/1 w/1 m
Frequency range: 36 Hz - 18KHz
Double Light
Dimensions HxWxD: 575 x 615 x 445 mm (23,5" x 25" x 17,5")
Weight: 23.5 kg (51.5 lbs)
Glockenklang Double Cabinet (Bass Player Review)
"…..Germany's Glockenklang began building high-quality PA and hi-fi equipment in 1974 and many high-end bass builders now use Glocks as a reference standard because they reveal an instrument's nuances and character in microscopic detail. Luthiers often set the Glock's tone controls nearly flat or bypass them completely to hear a bass's pure sound.
The Double cabinet uses two custom-made 12" Volt drivers, plus a Fostex tweeter. Glockenklang uses only Speakon jacks; there are no 1/4" speaker jacks. The birch cabinet is finished with a durable epoxy coating, and studio-grade acoustic foam lines the inside.The Glock rig [in this case using a 'Soul' head] sounds smooth, effortless, and relaxed, with exceptionally refined detail and a clear focus. Transient response is quick and well controlled without sounding clinical or dry. It really brought out the low-string growl of our Lakland 5-string, and it's one of the few amps we've tried with our Underwood-equipped German upright that didn't require an external preamp to sound really good. "The upright sound is very natural, open, and musical—the Glock reveals the true character of every bass you play through it.
If you have an expensive high-end bass or a fine vintage axe and you're looking for a rig that enhances its subtleties, then Glockenklang should be on your must-audition list—if you have four grand to spend……"
As with all GlockenKland gear, this isn't cheap(!). The current (best) price for a new one appears to be Thomann @ €1159 (£870 - for my 'Light' version) and about 922 (£695) for the std./heavier version.

This one's in excellent aesthetic condition and perfect working order (the cabs are VERY reliable) with the only aesthetic 'damage' being a slight scuff on the badge, a small 'click' on the bottom-edge carpeting and - as would be expected - some scuff/wear to the bottom corner protectors (plastic).
£SOLD (incl.) ..... REDUCED TO £SELL (INCL.)

[url="http://www.glockenklang.com/en/products/products_bass.htm"]http://www.glockenklang.com/en/products/products_bass.htm[/url] (all Bass products)

Edited by eubassix

Thanks John .. but I always thought the same about you!
Surpised by your 'mega-sale' (!!) - how's it going and what's planned for the future (in terms of instrument/s etc.)?
You could do what I'm doing (or planning, thus far) - get over to The Messe (always wantted to; never managed it as yet) on the proceeds of a few sales & savings, with some dosh to buy something 'special'.
But ... with all that gear on display (and a CCard).. can i trust myself ?!!

[quote name='eubassix' post='133451' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:05 AM']Thanks John .. but I always thought the same about you!
Surpised by your 'mega-sale' (!!) - how's it going and what's planned for the future (in terms of instrument/s etc.)?
You could do what I'm doing (or planning, thus far) - get over to The Messe (always wantted to; never managed it as yet) on the proceeds of a few sales & savings, with some dosh to buy something 'special'.
But ... with all that gear on display (and a CCard).. can i trust myself ?!![/quote]

Sometimes I surprise myself mate :huh:

As with most sales there are pleasures, trials and tribulations and at times a lot of hair pulling! Plans - a few less basses, no more amps, maybe a small practice cab ;) and you never know what else the future holds. I certainly couldn't trust myself where there were as many goodies as The Messe, especially with my appreciation of some of the German marques.

I'll be interested to see what you come back with... another Marleaux probably :)

Good luck.

[quote name='eubassix' post='133451' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:05 AM']You could do what I'm doing (or planning, thus far) - get over to The Messe (always wantted to; never managed it as yet) on the proceeds of a few sales & savings, with some dosh to buy something 'special'.[/quote]

MMMMMMMMM basschat trip!

decided to ebayit :-

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160216571904&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=006[/url]