Why become a member? ×

I just can't stand reviews that call things fact based on nothing!!

algmusic

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlYn2ZXeYYg&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlYn2ZXeYYg...feature=related[/url]

from 00:35 - 01:36

'Rated accuratly' ?? WTF. Based on what???

'the smallest and most powerful' of what I can think of... just say is very small and one of the smallest..

5:21 - waffle about eq-ing

7:23 - I like to play with a pick, but I love the sound of fingers??? - LEARN TO PLAY!!!!! - The eq has killed the map setting.

10:00 - I think I know why it's not gigged much :)

in a nutshell, i've been shown why not to have that rig

I'm being miserable today :-)

it gets worse

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-HOAUqb3w&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-HOAUqb3w&NR=1[/url]

When people do videos like this, they should really know the amps well, it's not the best overview when he doesn't understand how the amp works properly.

In saying that though, GKs aren't the simplest amps to use (mainly the boost knob is confusing to most people, don't think I've ever really heard it described properly).

I don't think that it shows the amp in a bad light, it just doesn't show it off properly.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1163162' date='Mar 15 2011, 02:40 PM']When people do videos like this, they should really know the amps well, it's not the best overview when he doesn't understand how the amp works properly.

In saying that though, GKs aren't the simplest amps to use (mainly the boost knob is confusing to most people, don't think I've ever really heard it described properly).

I don't think that it shows the amp in a bad light, it just doesn't show it off properly.[/quote]

so add a 15 band eq to the complicated amp and the very confused man and you have...... well a load of ****

I think it's because they just want to have a review online.

[quote name='algmusic' post='1163178' date='Mar 15 2011, 02:59 PM']so add a 15 band eq to the complicated amp and the very confused man and you have...... well a load of ****

I think it's because they just want to have a review online.[/quote]

Yeah, if he did a video about the amp, the (two) 15 band EQs were pointless.

I intend to do a video on the GK stuff soon (I've been meaning to do it for months, not got around to it yet, hopefully soon), hopefully it'll be a bit better than these.

The worst bit about GK gear is because there's hardly any around, it means there's very few videos around. When the few that there are aren't very helpful, it doesn't help people out that are interested in them, so people who want to know what they sound like have trouble finding the few good videos between this kind of thing. Try finding a helpful video on the MB200 to see exactly what I mean. In the MB head thread I started, I had a look for a video with sound clips so that I could post it, the best one I found was at a trade show.

I'm impressed that you actually managed to stay awake long enough to watch the whole review.

The combination of his voice, plus I can only assume that his baby was asleep in the next room so he'd been told to keep it down, meant that I switched off after I started yawning at 90 seconds in.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1163162' date='Mar 15 2011, 03:40 PM']In saying that though, GKs aren't the simplest amps to use (mainly the boost knob is confusing to most people, don't think I've ever really heard it described properly).[/quote]

Always used to be a paragon of reliability, though, which counts for a lot.