Why become a member? ×

DR Strings

tomb

[quote name='tomb' post='1157558' date='Mar 11 2011, 02:29 AM']hi guys, wanted to know if the DR Bass Saiten strings are any good, specially the neon ones.
anybody used them? how did they sound and what about its longevity?

thanks in advance[/quote]

Haven't tried those.... but I still rate DR hi beams as about the best for me..a few recent hic-cups that I posted about, notwithstanding.

I found DR Long necks to be pretty good as well... not so available, so I am thinking that DR's will do what they say they will..
Someone should be along who has tried them, though, soon.

You could try and search for past queries on them

I've got a set of Lo-Riders waiting to go on. 6 years ago I was recommended DR by Martin Petersen (the Bass Gallery) and I've used them ever since. I prefer them to the MM Super Slinky and Elites that I used before. I'd just get a set and see what you think.

I put a set of Neon's on a bass for a guy who has just started playing bass, so I haven't played them for any length of time, but they did sound pretty good with a little warmth, very close to my favourites which are DR Sunbeams

As a matter of interest - what styles would you guys say the different DR breeds are most suited to? Been interested in the Hi Beams, Lo Riders and Sunbeams for some time now and may drop the bomb on a set, but not sure which to go for!

Hi Beams are quite bright and not overly fat.

They speak very well IMO, and clean up even better.
Mine take about 2 weeks max of playing a lot to go off..but this depends on your interpretation of 'off'

They clean up well with meths. I have only had one poor batch in nigh on 20 years although I do get lots of re-strings from them
as I am careful winding them on and off...but, still, a lot of packets.

Also, like DR long necks as well but these are less available, IME.