Why become a member? ×

Hartke gear

Jono Bolton

I'll chime in here! However, I am going to be lazy. Jono, we have discussed all the different versions and how they compare with each other in the last few months or so..So to save me repating myself, do a search, including me as the author and the word hartke.. you should fine a few posts! ;o)

Good luck.

P.S. you will soon find out, Dood loves the 4.5XL LOL LOL LOL

[quote name='steve-soar' post='132289' date='Feb 1 2008, 10:59 PM']4.5 but when I bought it from Sparky it was dead heavy and when I sold it to Bassboy, it was even heavier. Sound's greayt but you do need a roadie.[/quote]

LOL but i guess it would have been lighter if we didnt try to light the Ashdown aswell! lol

What sort of price should I be looking at for the 4.5XL? It's usually about £300-350, but I found this:

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/45-xl/66404"]Hartke 4.5XL[/url]

Surely that can't be right? If it's a mistake should I take advantage of it?

Transporter's are not as good as XL's IMO, There isnt loads between em its just the XL is built better and just throws it out more...However the transporter is still a quality cab and a lot lighter.

Am i right in thinking the 4.5XL is different to the 410XL as the 410Xl has a horn and the 4.5Xl has a 5" speaker?

The Transporter cabs are pants (IMO) the few ive tried sounded nothing like the XL versions. Regarding 410XL Vs 4.5XL, the 4.5 has a 5" mid/high driver that cant be turned off or adjusted like most horns (but sounds infinately better). It is also a larger cab, tuned differently than the 410xl, which has no high freq driver.

[quote name='jono b' post='132635' date='Feb 2 2008, 04:17 PM']What sort of price should I be looking at for the 4.5XL? It's usually about £300-350, but I found this:

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/45-xl/66404"]Hartke 4.5XL[/url]

Surely that can't be right? If it's a mistake should I take advantage of it?[/quote]

This seems very cheap, have they always been this price?

I used to own a superb hartke bass rig. However, I was never very happy with the sound. I always struggled to get a good solid fat sound from it. It always sounded very thin and tiny. I had the Hartke Model 7000 Bass Amplifier Head I think plus the 4 x10XL and the 1 x 15XL. My old Fender precision sounded great through it especially if I just used the 1 x 15XL but my Musicman just sounded so thin, with no bottom end or drive. I wonder if it was the alluminium speakers combined with the twangy sound of the musicman which gave this effect. The build quality was superb on the speakers. However, the amp kept blowing the fuse. It only took 10 seconds to change so i carried a bunch on tour etc. Still, a bit of a pain when you are about to play and the amp goes pop.

Saying that, I do have very fond memoried of the Harke stuff.