Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Music Man Stingray 1988 Transition Era (Natural)

Raslee

SOLD

Bought this funk machine a few months back off Macko 1968, and well what a beauty-he was sad to sell too. Immaculate for its age, probably the lowest action of any bass i've ever played, and looks a stunner.
1988 Stingray, funky as f$(£...need i say more. Oh the neck is gorgeous, slighty faded with age so is almost like somewhere between a dark maple and a roasewood coloured..it is of course rosewood. Has mutes, some Pre EB features too being 1988.......sure to be a collectors item.

Original post [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=116984&hl=stingray"]here[/url]
Hope Macko doesn't mind me using his pics:

Looking to get back £850 firm which is what i paid, and i have to say it was a bargain + P&P (courier) or collection from Plymouth - Comes with hard case too.

Or trade a bass + at least £400 cash (Bank transfer) for it. Ideally looking for Fender P bass (mapleboard), J bass, Warwick, might consider MM Sub/Sterling becuase i know i'll miss this but w.h.y.

I will eventually put this on the bay' but at £900+ to recover those ridiculous sellers costs. :)

Edited by Rasta

It is indeed a beautiful reunion, sad to see the MM go as it is a cracker but i feel its going back to its rightful owner :) Very pleasing outcome for all i feel.

Right, now some shopping - i've got to find me a new bass below £450....so exciting times for me too.

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='richardd' post='1156635' date='Mar 10 2011, 02:08 PM']:) Hi Lee.Just an update on the jazz ,I have fitted a Badass and changed the control plate to a stackpot, V/T for each pickup,it make it a truly awesome bass.Best Wishes Rich :)[/quote]
Hi Rich, Glad the Jazz is going well, it was a cracker when i got it at Mansons-it surely outplayed quite a few US models that day and that was at stock. The new Mexican basses have really improved with their quality and with your mods it must be a super jazz. My bitsa jazz is my favourite too, having Lindy Fralins and a BadassII but what i really love is my all part maple neck with mother of pearl blocks....it is a 70's chunky jazz neck that is super smooth. Despite trying 'many' other basses i keep coming back to this one.....but now i have room for another...decisions decisions :lol:

If you're looking for a below 450 option, can heartily recommend a SUB. I'm a recent convert, having been wanting to have a quick dabble with a 2EQ Ray. Think there's still one on the sales forum from a Scottish seller for about the 400 Mark?

This 'Ray is gorgeous, and had I not been looking for cash or maple for my old Steiny (now returned home to the US), may well have been tempted by a trade a wee while back. Nice to see it return to it's original owner, don't let it go again Macko, a good Ray is worth it's weight in gold :)