Why become a member? ×

EMGs

d-basser

Hello folks,
Looking in to pups for my Peavey 6er, the current ones seem to be EMG 40 casing size.
I am looking for some thing to give a rock/metal sound mainly so was interested in a 40DC at the bridge if i go down the EMG route. I was curious to know if anyone had combined one of these with a 40P at the neck? good plan or bad? I do like a Pish sound but i think one at the bridge wont have enough of an edge for metal.

thoughts?

Any other suggestions would be good, thinking about combining these with an ACG01 preamp, birthday money is burning a hole in my pocket

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='132235' date='Feb 1 2008, 09:29 PM']Are these better than MEC's?...if so, I'll whip some into my Streamer :)[/quote]

The early MECs made for Warwick were/are basically modelled on the EMGs of the time. You'd be throwing a wedge of cash to get a smidgen of difference!

[quote name='d-basser' post='132165' date='Feb 1 2008, 08:01 PM']I have looked through stuff in the past i was just curious as to any reason i shouldnt combine the DC or CS with the P, thanks CtB[/quote]

No reason at all! Quite a good idea infact.. Fender used a similar config on their deluxe P basses, with the humbucker in the bridge position. It would have had a different sound, but the dual sets of pole pieces would have been similar to the dual rails of the DC pups.

If you want to hear some different pickup configurations, have a look at the sounds page over at ShukerGuitars.co.uk . Jon has used EMGs, Delano, Seymour Duncan and other pups in his builds.. it's great that you can have a listen to them as well.

Dan

p,s. I love EMGs