Why become a member? ×

Variable Impedance Buffer

tayste_2000

preumsably a switchable one would be preferable for switching between active/passive basses?

What's the proposed cost and are there any audio examples of how the buffer assists (ie fuzz with and without the buffer)?
Are there any mass produced examples as a comparison (not intending to rush out and buy one)

If you have a prototype can you please do a couple of sound clips showing the difference it makes to a fuzz and not to the plain signal.

Does this only affect the clipping so therefore it won't have an effect on an overdrive or distortion pedal, only ones where the gain is enough to clip the signal?

D.

Edit: D'oh too slow!

Edited by Alpha-Dave

I don't have the prototype of this unit I'm having developed, but I have a unit made by another company, I can do sound clips of that maybe tonigth if I get the urge.

There are no mass produced impedance buffers, hell there are no produced impedance buffers hence my need to go custom. There are 3 fuzz pedals with 1 built in but they only work with those pedals and are internal and none adjustable.

There is no need to have a switch for passive basses and active basses as this unit creates the ideal impedance for a fuzz pedal regardless what you use, as stated it does not effect tone and the fuzz will sound different with different basses and strings and such but it will be working within the ideal tolerences as such for input impedance.

One good thind about the impedance buffer and you lower the variable one with the 25k knob you can dial in some squeltch and gating and if you turn the knob quite high you can dial out the fuzz making it cleaner and cleaner which can yield some very nice overdrive type tones or even having it near totally clean just adding a bit of vintage roll of to your tone like alot of old 60's circuity does, whether or not you use this is doesn't really matter just nice to have the option on top of the best fuzz tones you'll have ever had.

I have noticed no ill affects on any other effects including distortion, filter, flanger, chorus, phaser, overdrive, synths and what ever the hell you class a Subdecay Noise Box as.

Also no idea on cost until the prototype is built and the componants and man hours can be added up, I'd expect it to be less than your average boutique pedals and more than a true bypass loop, since it's likely to be like a TB loop with a buffer. But no promises as I have no idea

Edited by tayste_2000

I'd be seriously up for the second or third designs. If it was the third though, would it be possible to get a 2.1mm negative pin type 9V dc jack mounted or at the very least just a hole with a grommit so I can run another battery cable into that bad boy?

But yeah, main point, if this gets made my money is on the table man.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='33574' date='Jul 18 2007, 01:24 PM']Nope still being developed, but they are busy people[/quote]
wow 3 months, they muse be very very busy people, who exactly is makin it? are they takin an electronics course before they bulid it?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='75655' date='Oct 17 2007, 05:00 PM']wow 3 months, they muse be very very busy people, who exactly is makin it? are they takin an electronics course before they bulid it?[/quote]

Subdecay, he's been distracted with the 300-400 pedals he builds a month

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...