Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-series 1528 2x15 cabinet NOW SOLD

Conan

From the Trace Elliot V-range. Designed to be paired with the V4, V6 or (if you can get your hands on one) V8 amps. Not the usual black tolex covered affair, but a very glamorous sparkly green carpet and grille cloth.

I got this in a trade about six months ago, but then got my BareFaced Vintage soon after. I love both cabs, but storing and using two big 2x15s is slightly over the top! For that reason, I am letting this one go. A tough choice, but the Vintage is more transportable due to it's lightness.

This particular cab has been very well looked after as for much of its life it was housed in a full flight case. It now has a custom-made Roqsolid padded cover with matching green piping! Smart!

Condition is very good, even allowing for the fact that its about 15 years old. The only visible marks are a small chip in the paint on one of the handles and a small part near the bottom right where there looks like a very small tear in the carpet but you could probably just go over that with a black marker and you'll never notice it.

It weighs 45kg. Heavy, yes - but very easy to move due to the large casters fitted by the previous owner (Delberthot - thanks to him for some of the text from his original ad), and the fact that although it is tall and wide, it is not particularly deep.

The dimensions are 74cm wide, 84cm high (including casters) and 36cm deep.

The cab is rated to handle 500w @ 8ohms and has both 1/4" jack and XLR inputs and outputs. The sound it produces is deep and rich, with creamy highs. It is certainly not boomy or wooly in any way!! A very classy tone with my LH500.

I love this cab, and would ideally like to keep it - but Mrs C is complaining about the space it takes up and the fact that I rarely use it...

Due to the weight, local pick-up would be the obvious option, although I am happy to drive a reasonable distance from Newcastle to meet up if it helps.

Open to offers, but looking for [i][b]£250[/b][/i] for this wonderful cab.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Conan

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Thornybank' post='1163807' date='Mar 15 2011, 10:19 PM']Stove enamel steel grill under the cloth...[/quote]

Yup. Built like the proverbial out-house this thing! :) You can hear it in the tone too. Warm, full but clean, powerful and as close to a 'full-range' sound as you will get out of a cab with only one size of driver in it.

Go on - you know you want to!! :)

[quote name='thomastesselaar' post='1171302' date='Mar 21 2011, 08:58 PM']Well, I live in the Netherlands. Ships would sink and planes would be VERY tailheavy, but i still think shipping this to pair it with its brother 1248H (4x12") and my orange bass terror would be worth the risk! :)[/quote]

It already has casters. Simply fit an engine and you could drive it onto the ferry from North Shields to Ijmuiden!

Some people only see problems.... :)

[quote name='HengistPod' post='1179216' date='Mar 28 2011, 10:28 AM']Just what I need myself, but three times too expensive for my poor pub-band pocket. :)[/quote]

Yeah. "ono" is one thing, but I'd have to be mad to let it go for £100!! :)

Anything you'd like to trade?

• 1 month later...

Man, this is criminal.

Get your finger out and buy this cab. If I had the Doh Ray Mees I would be buying it back.

This is a classic Trace cab. Solid as the proverbial outhouse, easy glide casters, custom cover and rare. C'mon rarity always adds a couple of zeros to the price.

To give you an idea of the condition of the cab. I got it in a trade with Chris (Thornybank) last year or may have been the year before. For its entire life it had been living in a full flight case. The flightcase, however, weighed the same as a small planet so I sold it and had Roqsolid make me a cover for it. I then added the casters.

Apart from the couple of slight marks mentioned previously, this thing could be considered NOS. Its minty fresh and so easy to wheel around. Forget all that trendy sh*te, this is the bollocks so get your wallets out and pay the man for a f***ing ace cab.

Do it. Do it now.

Edited by Delberthot

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Conan' post='1256750' date='Jun 4 2011, 07:34 PM']Bump! A few Trace V-series amps around to partner with this lovely cab... do yourselves a favour![/quote]
Mmmm, this V4 or V6... Heaven! I can't believe this hasn't gone yet, great bit of rare green :)

[quote name='Merton' post='1256842' date='Jun 4 2011, 09:24 PM']Mmmm, this V4 or V6... Heaven! I can't believe this hasn't gone yet, great bit of rare green :)[/quote]

Exactly! The Roqsolid cover alone is worth fifty quid - so in effect I'm asking £200 for a marvellous cab! Not that I mind hanging on to it, but it's not getting the use it deserves and takes up a lot of space.

This cab could be making someone very happy!

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='1257489' date='Jun 5 2011, 05:19 PM']Had a look at shipping, cheapest I could see was £31.80 ex vat.................[/quote]

Yeah. It's a big heavy box. If I was ever planning to be down that way I could drop it off but as you say, it's a long way... :)

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='1257489' date='Jun 5 2011, 05:19 PM']I'd have this if I lived closer.

Had a look at shipping, cheapest I could see was £31.80 ex vat.................

Have a bump.[/quote]

That probably will be your cheapest. I couriered the flight case that this cab use to live in down south and it was about £45

[quote name='Conan' post='1266974' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:33 AM']In Falkirk?! :)[/quote]

In all the 18 years of using that witty remark, no one has ever got it :)

It stems back to the day when someone would be on Family Fortunes or 321 and when they answered a question then find out that they have also won a prize. This would invariably be something like a weekend for two in the Lake District or something like that

So a weekend for two in February doesn't actually have any value

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Falkirk. In keeping with the rest of the UK we now have 2 fast food outlets for every 3 people which also have a bookies and a pub next to them as well. 2 half empty shopping centres and a rotating boat wheel which isn't actually in Falkirk

Now back to the sale -