Why become a member? ×

AKAI S2800 sampler - pictures added!

I've got to sell my beloved Akai to fund my new rig - it's a brilliant piece of kit.

It's in perfect working order and very good condition, except the backlight for the screen doesn't work, which is common on pretty much all Akai samplers. I've got the instruction manual, which apparently is quite rare...without it I would've been completely lost to be honest!

Here's a link to technical specs: [url="http://www.theprodigy.info/equipment/Akai_S2800.shtml"]http://www.theprodigy.info/equipment/Akai_S2800.shtml[/url]

Pics to come. I'm looking for £50. I can send it but it's quite heavey, so collection is also welcome! I'm based in Birmingham.

Pics to come very soon!

Cheers,

Zak

Edited by Duarte

Thanks man. yeah they really are incredible bits of kit...but I think there are people who appreciate them.

I must say not only is it much cooler than using a computer for sampling, it's also a lot more fun and I think it's a lot easier. You can physically manipulate the samples and it all just makes a lot more sense to me.

Just purely out of curiosity (sorry, but I'm a Kontakt user these days), could I ask how much these sold for when new? And what year they came out? I always find this sort of info fascinating. I remember very well the Emulator II htting the market for about £8k!

I hope this Akai finds a good home with someone who'll enjoy it.

[quote name='steve' post='1141898' date='Feb 25 2011, 10:17 PM']I really want this, but I don't know what I do with it[/quote]
I've got the manual floating about somewhere ...it's extremely informative! It's suprisingly easy to use once you get the feel for the buttons and screen layout.

[quote name='bassybill' post='1141818' date='Feb 25 2011, 09:27 PM']Just purely out of curiosity (sorry, but I'm a Kontakt user these days), could I ask how much these sold for when new? And what year they came out? I always find this sort of info fascinating. I remember very well the Emulator II htting the market for about £8k![/quote]
I don't know for sure, I was told they were up there in the thousands though! Insanely bad resale value...

I bought mine brand new in 1994, and paid 1495 for it, because I couldn't afford 1895 for the S3000XL. The rackmounting Syquest 44Mb tapedrive was another 300 quid on top, and seemed a better idea that a fixed HDD at the time. All in all, a wonderful machine that I had a lot of fun with, and will probably still use if I get back into the outboard MIDI stuff again..

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Duarte' post='1165023' date='Mar 16 2011, 09:25 PM']Still for sale guys. I'm absolutely skint at the moment, living off stolen instant noodles... do it![/quote]
Think you might have to steal some more mate, took me ages to sell mine on here. It eventually went.

Another BC'er recommended that I put it on the bay, as these are quite sort after in some parts of Europe and you may well be able to get a better price.

[quote name='gary mac' post='1165090' date='Mar 16 2011, 10:34 PM']Think you might have to steal some more mate, took me ages to sell mine on here. It eventually went.

Another BC'er recommended that I put it on the bay, as these are quite sort after in some parts of Europe and you may well be able to get a better price.[/quote]

Yeah ebay it, I got 60 for my S1000HD