Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
noelk27

DELETE

..I love it when you come out with the Yams...lovely!
(I also would have guessed from the jpeg at a 3-piece mahogany body.)
So surprised this didn't shift like a greased weasel Noel... a set neck guitar with mojo, beautifully crafted, with a hard case..for just over 3 ton.
Does a seam of Yammys run under your house?! :)

Hi there this guitar looks like a beauty, i wanted to ask what the sounds are like on it? like does it have a rich warm tone or twangy, or both even?
and would you be interested in a trade for an Epiphone dot in sunburst?

[quote name='Trokebag' timestamp='1335384273' post='1630373']
Hi there this guitar looks like a beauty, i wanted to ask what the sounds are like on it? like does it have a rich warm tone or twangy, or both even?

[/quote]
I have a similar age/lower end yamaha SG - and the thing is amazing. My one is rich and warm, and with the coil tap I added it has a single coil type twang too. With a nice body to it if you know what I mean?

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1340496964' post='1705405']
Unlike your 400, the 200 utilises lesser woods and omits the carved top and the finer embellishments, such as binding. That said, the 200 is a solid performer, easily bettering the made in China Epiphones and Tokais of today.
[/quote]

[size=1](i know that! but I wouldn't have elaborated to say that in your sale thread! :o )[/size]

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1340496964' post='1705405']
Unlike your 400, the 200 utilises lesser woods and omits the carved top and the finer embellishments, such as binding. That said, the 200 is a solid performer, easily bettering the made in China Epiphones and Tokais of today.
[/quote]

Without sounding rude, this Yamaha p*sses all over all the Epiphones and Tokai's of today. No, it is not an SG2000 and if it was it would have gone long long ago. It is however a really nice gutsy guitar that sounds a bit too cheap to me... Unless of course for the same price you fancy a new bottom of the range banjo?