Why become a member? ×

neepheid's ornaments

neepheid

Well, here are my bits of wood.

[b]2003 Epiphone EB-3[/b]
Saw it in the music shop, fell in love with it. Didn't know what I was doing, but in spite of its failings (lack of tonal variety, neck heaviness, 3 point bridge (not keen on it)) I still have a soft spot for it. I still think it's among the nicest looking basses I've ever seen.

[b]Perspex AXL Player Deluxe[/b]
Bought for a chuckle last year, it sustains forever, but it's like weight training while you play. Might be moving this one on at some point.

[b]OLP MM3[/b]
Bought "accidentally", where "accidentally" means "put an early bid in on eBay, and no-one else went for it, oops", I'm actually quite glad I did. My first 5 string and I don't think it'll be the last. Soon to be augmented with a 2EQ active circuit, as the standard OLP wiring is poo (a volume for each half of the humbucker that sounds like linear pots - useless).

[b]2007 MJN Project One[/b]
This has been covered in mucho detail in the Build Diaries. Suffice to say, it's the best bass I own. Lots of tonal variation, lovely neck, nice wide string spacing. Plus I built (well, assembled) it!

[b]Mongrel Precision Bass[/b]
This is a mongrel P bass made of the following main components:

Chinese Squier Affinity body and neck
Fender Mex machine heads
Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounder pup
Badass II bridge

What can I say, the stuff was lying around the house and I was bored one night :)

It's going to have all manner of experiments conducted on it.

[b]Takamine EG512CGAMQ[/b]
This rather unwieldy named fellow is my acoustic bass. Wasn't sure if I liked it, but after a set of new strings went on it really came to life. Great for picking up at random times. I do find the action is a little high, but I don't want to go messing about filing down the bridge saddle unless I've done some serious research first.

Well, that's my lot. They are criminally underused, but I'm trying to improve that *picks up the acoustic as soon as he hits the Post New Topic button* :huh:

[quote name='metalmaniac' post='130237' date='Jan 29 2008, 07:22 PM']Is that a fat scratch on the mongrel?

Otherwise, nice planks :)[/quote]

No, it's an unfinished patch. Some plonker must have A) put on a sticker and :huh: ripped it off taking the finish with it. That silver sparkle stuff must be soft as anything. I'll probably refinish it at some point, but it's staying the way it is for now.

Thinking about getting the guy who does the comedy decals to make me a "Fecker Imprecision" one ;)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='130270' date='Jan 29 2008, 08:15 PM']Good stuff! :huh:

If you do decide to part with the see-thru Axl, give me a shout! I have a P project in mind that would be great with a transparent body...

Jon.[/quote]

I'll keep that in mind :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='131082' date='Jan 31 2008, 02:15 AM']Hey you! I got dibs on that.:)[/quote]

I thought that your better half was giving you the same look when you mentioned the possibility of another bass coming into the house that she does when you play "Money" more than once :huh:

[quote]When you coming back round with that OLP? I really fancy a plonk about on it now I'm not under any time pressures.[/quote]

Well, I've got to fit the SE-2A first, and that means more routing fun for a battery box! I suppose I could hide the battery in the cavity somewhere for now. I had better keep a hold of it now that OLP has supposedly ceased production of their licensed MM designs: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12137&hl=OLP"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12137&hl=OLP[/url]

I've got stuff on this weekend, but could pop round one evening next week - hopefully with it all nice and active-ified.

[quote name='neepheid' post='131149' date='Jan 31 2008, 10:00 AM']I thought that your better half was giving you the same look when you mentioned the possibility of another bass coming into the house that she does when you play "Money" more than once ;)[/quote]
Ah yes the fly in my GAS ointment. :huh:

Did you get your SE-2A from Thomann? My SE-3 has just literally arrived... in a box... big enough for Jay to sit in it :) Aye Vorsprung durch technique like. ;)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='131178' date='Jan 31 2008, 10:54 AM']Ah yes the fly in my GAS ointment. :huh:

Did you get your SE-2A from Thomann? My SE-3 has just literally arrived... in a box... big enough for Jay to sit in it :) Aye Vorsprung durch technique like. ;)[/quote]

Nah, got it from an evilbay seller in Singapore for £18.99 all in. Sweet!

Aye I saw those ones but as I've had a couple of dodgers on fleabay lately (prime eg. got an empty packet today supposed to be containing my 5th knob - replacement on it's way... apparently :) ) and counterfeit electronics from the east is rife, I plumped for not gambling on this one and paid twice the price ( :wacko: ) to a more reputable source.