Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Goodfellow Player Lined Fretless

Scooby

Up for grabs is my Goodfellow Player Lined Fretless. It's an early example of Bernie's craftmanship - number 068. The bass was bought from new and was originally a fretted bass which I had defretted by an expert luthier using maple liners. The bass is a beautiful example of birds eye maple with wooden tuning pegs, gold hardware and those lovely wood covered pickups with thumb indent. The bass is strung with half flats and the tonal palette is awesome. You can get that typical fretless sigh through to some window pane rattling highs. The bass comes with the original Goodfellow embossed case, certificate of authenticity and all the patina associated with a well loved quality instrument. There are a couple of very tiny chips to the body and an equally tiny one on the headstock. You can't see them from a few inches away and they certainly do not detract from the look and sound of this gorgeous bass.
I'm only considering selling as I need to raise some funds at the moment. I'm looking for [b]£650[/b], which I think is a bargain price for this quality bass.

Edited by Scooby

Stunning bass at a great price - if I wasn't (1) sorted for fretlesses and (2) skint I'd be going for this, but have a bump anyway. Bernie's early basses are [i]soooo[/i] classy, and this would make a lovely pair with my fretted Steve Smith custom semi-acoustic with identical Goodfellow neck (SS was a luthier for Goodfellow in the '80's)

Plus I [i]had[/i] to get Scooby and Shaggy in the same thread! :)

Edited by Shaggy

[quote name='Scooby' post='1130601' date='Feb 17 2011, 09:13 AM']Up for grabs is my Goodfellow Player Lined Fretless. It's an early example of Bernie's craftmanship - number 061.[/quote]
Hi
It looks lovely, I have a Goodfellow Classic and I'd pair it with your fretless if cash was cheaper, lovely basses,
good luck, joe

[quote name='Scooby' date='Feb 17 2011, 09:13 AM' post='1130601']
Up for grabs is my Goodfellow Player Lined Fretless. It's an early example of Bernie's craftmanship - number 061. The bass was bought from new and was originally a fretted bass
Hi again
is your neck rosewood or ebony?! Both were available back than,
thanks, joe

The fretboard is a very dense rosewood. To look at it you'd swear it was ebony but on closer inspection you can just make out the rosewood grain. The fretboard shows no signs of wear but it has always been strung with flat wounds and hardly played for the last couple of years.

Just to see who's looking! For a very short time I'm offering this beauty at[b] £725[/b]. And no, I'm not going to lower it any more just in case you were thinking that you'd hold off for a bit longer to see how low I'll go! This is it, no lower! [b]£725 [/b]folks...

Owing to a rather interesting delivery from the mailman, I'm now open to offers on this lovely bass. Please be serious when making an offer, you can see the kind of figure I'm looking for but am willing to consider your offer to ensure that this bass finds a loving home and receives regular caresses ;o)))