Why become a member? ×

Loud Bangs and Rumbles on a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0

thebrig

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1130024' date='Feb 16 2011, 06:28 PM']Just a quick word of caution although I doubt it's the problem in this case , The cheap speakon to speakon lead I got with mine melted at the first gig! A proper one from OBBM soon sorted it a thankfully the band I was playing with used speakons for the PA so I had a 20 metre speaker lead for 2" but it saved the day. The cheap one was a copy speakon and the cable far too thin for 600watts and the presumably already slightly loose connection just got warmer until letting go altogether. Give yours a good wiggle and that goes for all Shuttle owners :)[/quote]
My Shuttle 6.0 is the 12T combo version, so the cable is hard wired inside the cab, and then through the top of the cab, which has the cradle attached, and you you then connect the speakon connector to the head.

Surely GB don't supply a cheap connecting cable on a combo costing a grand, do they?

If that's the case, I might have to open the cab and replace it.

Mind you, the speakon cable on mine is a real chunky affair, and looks like it should do the job OK.

Sounds ok on the combo then. I have a separate 6.0 head and a Genz 4ohm Neox 2x12T I'm not sure who supplies the lead in this case? Mine was from BassDirect and Mark may of just thrown the lead in as a bonus because I had the £1299 deal all in including the manbag for the head and leads. (over £1600 if bought separately) Soon sorted with one of OBBM's super chunky affairs though.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1130447' date='Feb 16 2011, 11:39 PM']Sounds ok on the combo then. I have a separate 6.0 head and a Genz 4ohm Neox 2x12T I'm not sure who supplies the lead in this case? Mine was from BassDirect and Mark may of just thrown the lead in as a bonus because I had the £1299 deal all in including the manbag for the head and leads. (over £1600 if bought separately) Soon sorted with one of OBBM's super chunky affairs though.[/quote]
I've just emailed OBBM, about making me up a couple of decent 18" cables for the Line6 wireless system,
which I decided to buy while the guys were having a look at my amp.

Edited by thebrig

I got "frying" noise from my 2 month old Shuttle 9 today when I switched it on.(mute still on). Went away on re power but worrying. I swapped the tube with the spare I had bought "just in case" and cleaned the valve base with servisol 10. It's OK now, but how many people are having "valve" issues? :)

Iain H

Good to see that this may have been resolved although I'd prefer to know what had been fixed ideally or what it actually was.

I was going to suggest the output trans may have issues but I'd be seeing if I could borrow a spare amp just in case.

Definitely invest in decent leads...preferable studio quality cable that is garaunteed.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1132497' date='Feb 18 2011, 05:44 PM']Good to see that this may have been resolved although I'd prefer to know what had been fixed ideally or what it actually was.

I was going to suggest the output trans may have issues but I'd be seeing if I could borrow a spare amp just in case.

Definitely invest in decent leads...preferable studio quality cable that is garaunteed.[/quote]
that avatar is doing my head in. i get the feeling that i'm leering, like that twat on the right hand side of the pic.

please do me a favour and change it :)

[quote name='JTUK' post='1132497' date='Feb 18 2011, 05:44 PM']Good to see that this may have been resolved although I'd prefer to know what had been fixed ideally or what it actually was.

Definitely invest in decent leads...preferable studio quality cable that is garaunteed.[/quote]
OBBM is going to busy making up cables and leads for me!