Why become a member? ×

New pedal from Tech 21

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1123712' date='Feb 11 2011, 11:50 AM']You and me both, I've ordered the pedal and another one (the Red Ripper) see below video, that's got to be a laugh, when I get them I'll post a small review.

[/quote]

The Red Ripper is also something I'm interested in.
I'll keep an eye out for your reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the chorus sounds outstanding but is a bit pricey. I was thinking whether to take the plunge but don't use chorus anywhere near enough to justify that kind of outlay.

The red ripper sounds alright but I think I prefer Big John's Obama Wah which has a similar dirt & filter combination.

[quote name='burno70' post='1141319' date='Feb 25 2011, 03:15 PM']I think the chorus sounds outstanding but is a bit pricey. I was thinking whether to take the plunge but don't use chorus anywhere near enough to justify that kind of outlay.

The red ripper sounds alright but I think I prefer Big John's Obama Wah which has a similar dirt & filter combination.[/quote]

I use a chorus for around 75% of the time, but mixed low (30% blend). But I think it's too much money, a bit like the red ripper too...

Have recently added the Ripper to my Drum & Bass setup (pedal number 17, thank Si!)... It's pretty fantastic. The EQ is awesome... More low end than you know what to do with, plus the Low Pass Filter switch makes it perfect for what I do.

The 'RIP' setting is quite uniquely voiced as well, quite different to other synthy fuzzes I've tried. It also acts like it's gated. It isn't gated, but there's no background noise at all when you mute the strings... Which I pretty fantastic. Very very good pedal. Even without ever touching the RIP control it's one of the best Overdrives I've ever played with.