Why become a member? ×

Can anyone remember these?

Toddy54

I remember seeing these advertised a few years back, they are a guitar stand that plug into a spare channel of your amp and the neck sits in the 'c ' like a normal stand. I have searched all over the net, blowed if I can find them ( if they are still made ). Anybody know if they are still made and where to buy one.

Many thanks.

You mean one of these?

I bought mine years ago in Hong Kong and haven't seen once since. It's great and I use mine quite a lot. And before you ask it's not for sale!

Good luck finding one!

[attachment=70437:C_Stand_01.JPG] [attachment=70438:C_Stand_02.JPG]

[quote name='Toddy54' post='1108432' date='Jan 30 2011, 06:29 PM']I remember seeing these advertised a few years back, they are a guitar stand that plug into a spare channel of your amp and the neck sits in the 'c ' like a normal stand. I have searched all over the net, blowed if I can find them ( if they are still made ). Anybody know if they are still made and where to buy one.

Many thanks.[/quote]

er....or what they are and what purpose they serve?

Oh, just seen the pics above..... it all becomes clear now!

Edited by 4-string-thing

Interesting (the plug-in gizmo). I've never seen anything like that before, though I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy one.

Someone knocking over your bass while walking around a stage is bad enough but the possibility of also damaging your amp at the same time is too much to risk, for me.

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1108479' date='Jan 30 2011, 07:02 PM']Interesting (the plug-in gizmo). I've never seen anything like that before, though I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy one.

Someone knocking over your bass while walking around a stage is bad enough but the possibility of also damaging your amp at the same time is too much to risk, for me.[/quote]
I must admit I use mine as a backup and not everytime. They only support the neck so the bass could still fall if you are not careful. Best not used near the public or on a small stage.

Generally I use a single stand that is stored in our drummers hard case as it's his. I have one of those stands that holds 4 guitars and don't always bring it to a gig unless I've got my fretless with me. Sometimes our drummer forgets the stand and I have to get my C-Stand out and it gets me by. If the worst happened and it snapped you'll only be left with the plastic leg stuck in the amp which should be easy enough to get out. I've been luck and careful over the years and have not had any accidents.

To be honest I would get the Markbass Basskeeper, a more modern ans secure version of a small stand.

[attachment=70440:markbasskeeper.jpg]

Edited by mep

Hi Mep, yes thats the one i'm looking for, I don't suppose there is a brand name stamped on it (he said clutching at straws). I've be looking at the Markbass holder, might end up getting one of those. I am looking for something that can be used on small stages in pubs etc, I have a normal one when there is a bit more room.

[quote name='mep' post='1108506' date='Jan 30 2011, 07:17 PM']I must admit I use mine as a backup and not everytime. They only support the neck so the bass could still fall if you are not careful. Best not used near the public or on a small stage.

Generally I use a single stand that is stored in our drummers hard case as it's his. I have one of those stands that holds 4 guitars and don't always bring it to a gig unless I've got my fretless with me. Sometimes our drummer forgets the stand and I have to get my C-Stand out and it gets me by. If the worst happened and it snapped you'll only be left with the plastic leg stuck in the amp which should be easy enough to get out. I've been luck and careful over the years and have not had any accidents.

To be honest I would get the Markbass Basskeeper, a more modern ans secure version of a small stand.

[attachment=70440:markbasskeeper.jpg][/quote]

+1

[quote name='mep' post='1108506' date='Jan 30 2011, 07:17 PM']If the worst happened and it snapped you'll only be left with the plastic leg stuck in the amp which should be easy enough to get out.[/quote]
In that scenario, I'd agree it wouldn;t be too bad, I was concerned about the mount not breaking and therefore, perhaps, breaking the amp socket. But, based on your experience, I may be worrying too much.

[quote name='mep' post='1108506' date='Jan 30 2011, 07:17 PM']To be honest I would get the Markbass Basskeeper, a more modern ans secure version of a small stand.[/quote]

That's a better looking gizmo. How does it attach? I'm now thinking that I might fix a couple of velcro loops to the side of my cabs. That's where I tend to leave my bass so it's not easily knocked, but a simple velcro loop would make it even more secure.

A jack plug socket isn't designed to take much sideways pressure. I'm not sure this is a good idea!

In the smaller gigs or on small stages, the front of my rig is usually where the drummer and sometimes the keyboard player walk to get to their positions. In my experience this is not a good place to store a bass!!