Why become a member? ×

Are these the right leads for my amp?

2008escottp

[quote name='2008escottp' post='1107258' date='Jan 29 2011, 03:01 PM']Do I just need a speakon cable to hook my ashdown evo 3 head to my ashdown abm cab? If so will this one do- eBay item number 370470887400. Sorry I'm a bit of an amature with this[/quote]

Personally speaking, I think that cable is 'cheap' - the wire is only 1.25mm x 2 and I'd be wanting wire something like 4.0mm x 2.

Send a PM to our very own master cable maker - OBBM - and tell him what you want, he does a quality product at a great price.

I can't comment on the cable you refer to, though most here would be happier with one of these
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Klotz-Speakon-Bass-Amp-Speaker-Cable-1m-/290087095614?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item438a89cd3e"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Klotz-Speakon-Bass-A...=item438a89cd3e[/url]

That eBay seller is Basschat member OBBM and his cables are excellent and prices very good

Folks were suggesting that you contact him by PM

[quote name='2008escottp' post='1107618' date='Jan 29 2011, 09:04 PM']Sorry I've never heard of them, where can I buy them from? Cheers[/quote]

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='2008escottp' post='1107618' date='Jan 29 2011, 09:04 PM']Sorry I've never heard of them, where can I buy them from? Cheers[/quote]

You can PM OBBM, or have a look at his website and contact him by e-mail via the details shown

www.bassic-bits.co.uk

I always use the 4 pole Speakons rather than the 2 pole ones - much easier to insert & remove.

Yes, 1.25mm cable is probably slightly on the lightweight side, 2.5mm would be fine, 4mm would be ample.

Also, do you really need a 2m speaker lead? Much better to get it the right size - though more for convenience than performance.

I get my local studio to make mine up and he uses the same cable as he wires all his stuff with. I am happy with that quality and the prices.

I'd be tempted with the above recommendations. I am not tempted by most stuff from most shops. Get quality leads

:) [quote name='JTUK' post='1110562' date='Feb 1 2011, 06:54 AM']I get my local studio to make mine up and he uses the same cable as he wires all his stuff with. I am happy with that quality and the prices.

I'd be tempted with the above recommendations. I am not tempted by most stuff from most shops. Get quality leads[/quote]

Hey, listen very carefully. I vill say ziss only once....

OBBM (www.bassic-bits.co.uk) the ONLY guy for cables......end of transmission.... :)