Why become a member? ×

Anyone Know Anything About 100 Watt Laney Bass Amps?

Ancient Mariner

I had a Laney Linebacker, from 87 - mid 90s. Can`t remember the wattage, but was the 1x15 model, prob 150 watts?

Did many a gig with it, and not one single bit of trouble. And, as we were a punk band, I used to really push that amp.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1100715' date='Jan 24 2011, 02:02 PM']The Linebackers were around that time (I was in Sixth Form late 80s early 90s). They had a poor reputation but a friend of mine who was regarded as a good bassist at the time had one and swore by his.[/quote]
Hah, me too (1988), although I remember them as having a good rep for reliability but weren't that cool, in spite of the Tony Iommi connection.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='1100699' date='Jan 24 2011, 12:55 PM']I've been offered on at a decent price, but I've a feeling it's actually the PL100 guitar combo, and not the bass amp (I haven't seen it yet). Can't find much info on the net about it - does anyone know if they actually made a 100watt bass combo in the 80s/ear;y 90s and if it was any good.[/quote]

get some proper vintage laney stuff, it was good stuff!

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' post='1100699' date='Jan 24 2011, 12:55 PM']I've been offered on at a decent price, but I've a feeling it's actually the PL100 guitar combo, and not the bass amp (I haven't seen it yet). Can't find much info on the net about it - does anyone know if they actually made a 100watt bass combo in the 80s/ear;y 90s and if it was any good.[/quote]

I use a Laney Linebacker 100W in our practice studio. I normally use an SVT 6 pro for gigging so can't really compare gigging wise but for practice it does what it says on the tin. It's got loads of power, more than enough to be heard above our loud drummer and guitarist and sounds ok.