Why become a member? ×

Camden Sounds - Any Experiences?

Hot Tub

Anyone dealt with [url="http://www.camdensounds.co.uk/"]Camden Sounds[/url]? Mrs HT ordered a little gizmo for me for xmas as their website at the time said delivery would be well in time for xmas. Then it went to early Jan, then they said mid-Jan. Now they're saying despatch in 7-10 days. However the item in question is now available from another UK source from stock. Needless to say, we're not impressed. Just wondering if anyone else has had any good/bad experiences with them? Should we be concerned?

I'd cancel the order and explain why.

They're trying to sell items they don't have on stock, make sure you ring the other place to confirm they actually have it too, websites often have incorrect information on them.
Chances are they're just giving you the 7-10 day line so you don't go elsewhere, it really annoys me when companies take money for goods they don't actually have.

OK, just emailed Camden and told them that it's available from another supplier. They replied to say they'd phoned the other supplier and it won't be available until end of this week at the earliest. I called again and confirmed that it's in stock ready to ship, delivery tomorrow by FedEx. Emailed Camden to cancel order. Once cancellation is confirmed I'll reorder from the other place.

Not impressed.

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='1100546' date='Jan 24 2011, 10:52 AM']OK, just emailed Camden and told them that it's available from another supplier. They replied to say they'd phoned the other supplier and it won't be available until end of this week at the earliest. I called again and confirmed that it's in stock ready to ship, delivery tomorrow by FedEx. Emailed Camden to cancel order. Once cancellation is confirmed I'll reorder from the other place.

Not impressed.[/quote]

Prepared to lie in order to get a sale when they don't even have the goods, nice!

Making damn sure i don't buy from these clowns in the future.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1100485' date='Jan 24 2011, 10:07 AM']Happy Jack and I separately ordered new small-sized pedalboard in early Dec. No mention on website that wasn't in stock. Then we got emails saying wouldn't arrive from China until late-Jan. Not heard dickie-bird since. Harumph[/quote]

Hmmm.

I phoned them 10 days ago, and left a message on their ansaphone. A very nice chap called back within 30 minutes, had my order details handy, and confirmed that I could expect delivery some time this week.

We shall see ...

It's amazing what a threat of cancellation can achieve. Now they're going to check to see if the unit is available and if so, ship it today for delivery tomorrow......

Should have mentioned, it's the Pedaltrain Nano - tiny little metal pedalboard, ideal for my tuner, chorus, and DI.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1100946' date='Jan 24 2011, 04:00 PM']If you get yours before I get mine, mate, there'll be trouble ...

:)[/quote]
If I get mine first you'll have to catch me Jack .. and I can run faster than you at the moment!

So it turns out all of us had ordered the same pedalboard. Fingers crossed we all get a delivery this week ...

[quote name='Clarky' post='1100961' date='Jan 24 2011, 04:12 PM']If I get mine first you'll have to catch me Jack .. and I can run faster than you at the moment!

So it turns out all of us had ordered the same pedalboard. Fingers crossed we all get a delivery this week ...[/quote]

Stop being posers and just plug into the amp.

:)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1100965' date='Jan 24 2011, 04:18 PM']Stop being posers and just plug into the amp.

:)[/quote]
What you don't understand Wayne is that having a pedalboard automatically elevates your bass playing to God-like status

Bet Mark King's pedalboard is bigger than Fat Mike's :)

Well, it finally arrived this morning, and I have to say it's a lovely little piece of kit. Very well made, totally solid. A while ago a cannibalised an old dead gizmo for a 9v power supply board, and I've stuck that under the Nano with some blacktak (the industrial equivalent of blutak - it's vicious stuff!). Result is one very neat little board:

I definitely won't be using Camden Sounds again. OK, I got my issue resolved but it took literally dozens of emails and a threat of cancellation. Much of the information I did get from them was just plain wrong, as was their website. I see now that their website has availability back to 15th Feb, and [url="http://www.soundsgreatmusic.com/?appid=6972&pid=7536"]Sounds Great Music[/url] (who I believe are the actual importers) also show it as "on order" now.

Might be quicker ordering direct from the US, as some of the guys on TalkBass have had them for a couple of months already!

Hope yours turns up pronto!

Just sent them the following email:

"Please reply to my email of yesterday morning. I would URGENTLY like to know the status of my Pedaltrain Nano order from the start of December, being since I know two bass playing colleagues who ordered at the same time and have received theirs (well one has and the other received a despatch note from you). As I paid out c.£50 nearly 2 months ago, please have the courtesy of replying promptly."

Not holding my breath

Reply:

"Hi Mark

Apologies for the delay, we've been trying our best to get hold of the suppliers of these.

Here's the short version - there was a delay in manufacturing hence the date being pushed back to end of January. From the shipment of 50 expected only 10 arrived for the whole of Europe - we managed to get 2 of these, which both went out yesterday. The supplier here found out last night that some more of these making their way to Europe in about 6 days, fortunately although their factory said there were only 10 they found that there were in fact more on the ship.

We are told that we will get 3 more Nano's in 7-10 days. I'll make sure that you get one of those 3, we do have a lot of backorders but I'll tell the warehouse to put you top of the list.

I'll get them to send out a freebie or two for you too as a gesture."

Oh well, at least I will be in the next batch and will probably get a free plectrum