Why become a member? ×

Hola!

leroybasslines

Hello guys and gals!

I've been a regular over at TalkBass for a while, and I'd heard about this forum but for some reason never visited until now! I love TB, but it'll be nice to hang with some UK bassers in here!

I started playing when I was 6 (my dad is a fine guitar player and pretty proactive when it came to getting his kids into music...my brother is a kick ass drummer!). I still have my very first bass which was a Hondo Deluxe P-style monster; the neck on that thing was like a tree trunk and to this day I need space to breathe on the fret board! I hardly ever play it now, but I love still having it and will never let it go - no matter what other gear comes and goes in my life!

I've owned a Fender Jazz V since 2001 - I put an East J Retro 01 on it and I cannot recommend them enough! Transformed that run o' the mill Jazz V into a beast. Go and get one now.

I also have a black 4 string 3 EQ Music Man Stingray that I've had for about a year. It's a beautiful bass, but not really my thing so it's up for sale! (Most of my kit is up for sale actually - downsizing for a Lakland 55-60! PM me if you're interested! Is that allowed?! If not sorry... :) )

Amp wise, I have a Phil Jones Suitcase that I love. They divide people I know, but I'm a big fan!

I've played many a genre in my time! Started out playing rock and metal, trying desperately to be Steve Harris or Cliff Burton. Because of my dad, I've always had broad tastes and influences though, and I'm now predominantly a funk/soul/jazz player. I play in a local function band and do sessions and deps in Bristol when I can get them. I also play a lot in church.

Oh yeah, I'm an upright player too! I have a Stentor Conservatoire double bass with a Realist pick up. Love it!

Would be great to hear from y'all and especially any Bristol players out there!