Why become a member? ×

Muse Basslines

Marvin

Ive seen muse live twice now and I dont think their overly difficult riffs to learn, i think the amazing thing about chris is the fact he is INCH PERFECT! every time he plays anything. I dont think ive ever seen a live performance from them that wasnt spectacular.

Stockholm once a day and soon your so fast everyone stops and goes =O!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1093771' date='Jan 18 2011, 01:17 PM']More than anything, I find Wolstenholme's material very fun to play. He's no bass god or virtuoso, but he knows how to write strong, inventive and very energetic parts which compliment the band really well. Top notch player in my opinion.[/quote]

I agree that he's top notch, but would say that he is also a bass god. He may not be a [i]Victor Wooten*[/i] but has definitely sold more records, played to more people and probably inspired many more to start playing.

I have gigged Hysteria and New Born. Great fun but totally relentless and hurt like hell.

*or insert the virtuoso player of your choice

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1093557' date='Jan 18 2011, 10:10 AM']Nailed Teen Town in half an hour did you? :) lol.[/quote]

Damn! you caught me out.. I meant the Muse basslines. (I'll get back to you when I master Teen Town :) )

Also, +1 to Chris Wolstenholme's stamina.. The guy's like a machine!!

Edited by jamesbass116

[quote name='Heathy' post='1094032' date='Jan 18 2011, 04:20 PM']I agree that he's top notch, but would say that he is also a bass god. He may not be a [i]Victor Wooten*[/i] but has definitely sold more records, played to more people and probably inspired many more to start playing.

I have gigged Hysteria and New Born. Great fun but totally relentless and hurt like hell.

*or insert the virtuoso player of your choice[/quote]

Noooo! He can't be a bass god! His strap's too long! He doesn't play fretless or slap! (well, apart from Undisclosed Desires and that doesn't count :) ) He's in a band people have heard of!

:)