Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2 Fenders, a Conklin & a Tobias

Volume

Hi folks,

Being that time of year, I've set myself a New Year's Resolution to spend the Summer months travelling round Europe... and to do it in style, so I'm going to buy myself an old VW Bus, have it restored, and drive my way through Europe... with all the cost involved in buying the bus, restoring it, getting all the valid paperwork to travel through the various regions etc... I'm going to have to make a few sacrifices... so I'm putting a few basses up for sale...

[b][u]USA Fender 1975 Re-issue Jazz bass[/u][/b]... in Natural finish, with a (gorgeous feeling!) Maple neck and fingerboard, a 3-ply black, white, black scratchlpate... all original parts, in very good condition. It is a fantastic bass, I've only ever heard fantastic reviews about them... it plays beautifully, with no issues... a beautiful low action with no fretbuzz, nice straight neck.. really well looked-after... I've had a good polish and look-over the bass this weekend, and there really isn't a mark on it... it's 'as new.' Serial number reads Z4145648

The bass comes with the original Fender moulded hardcase & original Fender strap.

Having seen similar basses on the forum, and eBay... [b]I'm asking £850 for the bass[/b] - this includes delivery - I'll deliver the bass personally, myself. An identical bass is currently on eBay for £975 delivered, so grab a beautiful bass at a bargain price!

Next up my [b][u]USA Fender 1977/78 Precision[/u][/b]... At some point, the finish has been stripped from this bass, I received it from another bassworld member (though I can't remember who now! Hopefully he's moved to basschat and remembers!) in a part-ex. I've had it thoroughly checked-out by a local luthier, and he assures me it's all original apart from the knobs (and strings.) It has a beautiful, addictive slap tone, and is really hard to put down once you start playing!

The bass comes as seen - I'm afraid there's no original case, however, I can include a softcase with the bass... there is the original sales items from fender - tools, polishing cloth and leaflets. The serial number reads S871558

Next is my [u][b]Conklin GT7 Fretless[/b][/u]... Previously owned by forum member Russ ('binkybass') The de-fret job was performed by a professional luthier, and over-seen by Russ. All-original Conklin hardware, including an awesomely versatile EQ. Translucent Red finish (the grain doesn't show-up in the pics, it's a lot clearer in-person!)

The bass is in great condition - again, there's not a mark on it, no bucklerash, nice clean neck and fretboard... lovely straight neck, no playing issues whatsoever... bass comes as seen - I will throw-in a softcase for the sale...

I'm going to ask £600 Delivered for this bass...

Finally, my [u][b]Tobias Deluxe 5[/b][/u]... an extremely versatile 5-string bass. A very powerful EQ from Tobias, which has done me proud from Slap-funk gigs, soul sessions, through to Low-end heavy Dub, and Drum'N'Bass gigs... the tone was flawless throughout... Beautiful Rosewood fretboard, Tobias signature headstock, and translucent red finish.

The bass is in very good condition - a couple of marks on the body, but nothing too noticeable - just regular wear on a bass which has been used regularly live for the past 3 years by myself... just run-of-the-mill wear, on a bass which has been treated well, kept in a hardcase throughout it's travels.

I'm asking £300 delivered for the bass - as it is, with a softcase if needed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm open to offers on all of the basses. I will also entertain trade offers... possibly six string fretted basses, four string fretless, EUBs, 2x12 cabs, and possibly Ampeg cabs... basically, if you have anything you'd like to offer, let me know.

Rich

Edited by Volume

My friend across the road has a few of them, and he has a large network of friends who collect them. If you get stuck trying to find one, I could give you his details.. Nice guy! :huh:

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='124784' date='Jan 21 2008, 05:04 PM']what would be ideal is if i had a old VW i could swap for basses.... but i don't. :)[/quote]

I'm open to offers on the P-bass guys... fire away!

As a rough, rough guide, guzzibass has a 79 P up for sale at £1,000... I understand that the stripped finish on my bass will hinder the price somewhat, so will entertain offers in the region of £850

Rich

Edited by Volume

[quote name='Volume' post='128054' date='Jan 25 2008, 09:49 PM']I'm open to offers on the P-bass guys... fire away!

As a rough, rough guide, guzzibass has a 79 P up for sale at £1,000... I understand that the stripped finish on my bass will hinder the price somewhat, so will entertain offers in the region of £850

Rich[/quote]

Hi Rich
I just bpought a similarly stripped '79 Precision for £500 and there are earlier and original (finish and equipment) Precisions going for equalt to or less than £850 at the moment on ebay and elsewhere. You've likely got a lovely bass there, and given it's not a good time to be selling Precisions, I'd hang onto it a while if I were you :)
Chris

[quote name='Volume' post='128449' date='Jan 26 2008, 09:18 PM']Cool - thanks for the info Chris....

Baring Chris' info in mind, I'd accept an offer around £600 for the PBass delivered personally by myself...

Rich[/quote]

Crikey, I didn't mean for you to drop the price, I hoped you'd keep it.
As was my recent buy, that is a bargain. Hope you don't live to regret it :)
Chris

To Beedster - no worries! as much as I'd love to keep the bass, I've weighed-it-up, and I really would rather have the cash towards my bus... thanks for the messages though!!

To 6stringbassist... As far as I can tell, it's a bare-wood finish... and also, there's no sign of what colour it would have originally been, but it may be trace-able through the Serial number, with some research...

Rich

• 1 month later...

Quick update - My internet connection at home is down at the moment, so I'm having to use my mobile, or internet cafe's to communicate... I've replied to all PM's as best as I can, however it may be a couple of days before my net connection's properly fixed, so please bare that in mind if you PM me...

Anyway - I've had a few PM's reharding trades... I may be interested in a 4-string EUB, or maybe a nice Maple-boarded 5-string, possibly a sixer... or maybe even a nice Maple-boarded 4... also, possibly a small, lightweight rig... feel free to throw any offers my way!

Rich