Why become a member? ×

SIT Strings

NancyJohnson

Anyone used SIT (Stay In Tune) strings?

I spoke to the UK distributor (who seemed to be operating from a private residence and seemed quite surprised someone was actually calling him about the product) - he said there 'wasn't much call for the strings over here'.

I'm specifically looking to restring my Waterstone 12-String.

P

The image i get from SIT (not based on much really), is that they're much more interested in supplying bespoke strings to oddball build projects then firing out thousands of 40-100 sets to 'John Smith'.

But I'm probably very much mistaken, i think they have more of a market presence in the US

Si

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='124600' date='Jan 21 2008, 01:52 PM']he said there 'wasn't much call for the strings over here'.

P[/quote]

Maybe if they bothered to advertise a UK contact, more people in the UK would wanna try 'em.. I'd looked at SIT but dismissed them cos they were so damn hard to get hold of!

For bespoke strings I put out a cheer for NewTone strings. - However I am being looked after the BassCentre for my ERB strings these days.. top notch also.

The only reason I was drawn to SIT strings was that I read some good reviews from the perspective of restringing my Waterstone. To be honest, the lack of choice has been a nightmare! I was amazed at the reaction of the guy who I spoke to at the UK distributor.

I've still got the same octaves on as were on it when it was delivered, but I've swapped out the bass strings to a set of my preferred D'Addarios.

P