Why become a member? ×

Bacchus Strong EXT36 5-string -SOLD PENDING

TKenrick

Up for sale is my Bacchus Strong EXT36. This is a great example of Bacchus' take on the 'super Jazz' theme - the build quality is superb and the extended scale length definitely helps the tension/clarity of the B string (to my ears, at least!)

The bass in good condition, the only cosmetic issues worth noting are some buckle rash (which I've tried to capture in the pictures but is hard to notice unless the lighting is right) and some discolouration of the pickup covers which I didn't notice until I took the strings off to clean/photograph the bass.

[attachment=67973:IMGP3744.JPG][attachment=67974:IMGP3745.JPG]
[attachment=67975:IMGP3746.JPG][attachment=67976:IMGP3750.JPG]
[attachment=67977:IMGP3751.JPG][attachment=67978:IMGP3753.JPG]
[attachment=67979:IMGP3756.JPG][attachment=67980:IMGP3747.JPG]
[attachment=67981:IMGP3749.JPG][attachment=67982:IMGP3752.JPG]
[attachment=67983:IMGP3757.JPG]

- Two piece ash body w/highly figured maple top
- 36" scale
- Pearl binding around body/neck, Jacaranda fretboard w/Mother of Pearl inlays
- 18mm string spacing at bridge
- Bartolini BC soapbar pickups and NTMB pre-amp
- Villex booster circuit
- Weight: 5kgs/11lbs
- Fitted hard case

There's a short video here recorded with the bass is going straight into Logic (apologies for awful camera quality!):

Since I got this in a trade I've spent a while deliberating on price. Having consulted Bacchus dealers and seeing what comparable basses have gone for in the past I'm asking [b]£1000[/b]. The bass is located in Chiswick, west London and I will ship within the UK at my expense. I'm not really interested in trades as I'm after cash to fund another bass.

Edited by TKenrick

[quote name='Bigwan' post='1079923' date='Jan 6 2011, 02:52 PM']That's Ped's old squeeze if I recall correctly. Always liked that one![/quote]

Indeed it is (or was), I got it about 2 years ago in a trade with another BCer who got it from Ped.