Why become a member? ×

Castors

Well I finally went and bought an Ashdown Mag 410T deep cab to match my head. Played one gig, and got sick of lugging it around!

The boss at work was listening in on me moan about it so he threw four castors at me and said do what he does with his flight cases. Life is such a joy now :) It can even act as a trolly for the other heavier band gear. Now we just need to wait for a gig with a pissed stage and watch it roll away halfway thorugh the gig! haha.

Castors are a godsend

Here endeth the lesson.

But what do they do to your tone?

I find that steel castors offer a bright, zingy, hi-fi tone whereas nylon wheels make for a shortscale, thuddy sound.

I experimented with active castors for a while, but I found the sparks distracting during extended solo passages.

Hot Covers are very good. Priced about the same as Roqsolid, but usually have the items in stock, whereas I think Roqsolid make to order, so depends if you are impatient (like me). I thoroughly recommend Hot Covers, good product, and good service too.