Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC Custom P - Now Sold

molan

Having a bit of blast at listing a few basses this week :)

The latest is a very deep & rich Dakota red custom P with matching headstock. This came all the way from Australia in record time & without a single mark on the box - the delivery man didn't believe it had come that far in such perfect condition.

I was ordered as a custom build with a 'mid' sized nut width of 1.625" which is bang in the middle of a regular Sadowsky J & P. I struggle a bit with 1.75" nut widths and, although it doesn't sound like a huge amount, that slight reduction works much better for me.

The neck profile is really nice, maybe a bit chunkier than a regular Sadowsky J neck - not sure if Sadowsky P's have this profile as standard as this is the only one I've ever played!

It also has a plain fretboard with no markers - this looks much nicer in the flesh than in my photos. This was one of the key custom parts of the original order and not something Roger S normally commits to. Personally I think the plain fingerboard looks great with the matching headstock :)

Body is lightweight swamp ash and neck is all maple. Pickguard is parchment white, not as bright white as the flash in my photos is making it appear. It has those clever Dunlop straplocks that work fine with a regular strap or can be locked in place for extra security.

It also has a, rock solid, original Sadowsky branded D-Tuner and full Sadowsky active circuit with passive option and VTC. This really gives it a surprising amount of tonal flexibility for a single pickup bass. In passive mode it has a nice classic P bass sound, flick to active and there's a volume boost plus a more modern tone & then there's the additional options to boost either treble or bass via the onboard pre and/or roll treble off with the VTC. Sounds huge with some bass boost & a little treble snap through my Aguilar rig :lol:

Unfortunately despite the fact that I really love the look, feel & sound of this bass I simply don't get on with P bass body shapes :lol:

I've been playing my basses higher and higher over the past few years and this just doesn't seem to 'gel' for me with a P & I find my wrist aches after a while - [i]note to self, stop buying P basses just because you like the way they look![/i]

It's in great condition with just the tiniest of marks on the tip of the headstock (too small to photograph) and some string marking on the pickup. There's a few tiny swirls on the scratchplate from general player wear but it really does look like a very new bass (it's about 2.5 years old I think).

There are some markings on the bass, the biggest of which would be on the pickups. There is also a very small ding on the rear side of the neck behind the 6th Fret and one on the tip of the headstock (you can thank my guitarist for that one)

It comes with a Sadowsky hard/soft case, all the case candy (polish cloths, polish, tools etc) as well as the original paperwork from Sadowsky.

This cost US$3,925 when originally ordered so I'm guessing it would be easily over $4,000 (and a 9 month wait) to get one now. With shipping and duties I wouldn't be surprised to see that working out at close to £3,500 in the UK.

Happy to ship anywhere so long as payment for the bass and shipping is made in advance. Also happy to consider trades for something that might be easy to sell like US Fenders, Lakland Skyline, Stingrays or maybe even a Metro Sadowsky if someone is looking to trade up to an NYC :D

There's a batch of pics taken with a bright flash below - some of these don't really do the lustrous red finish justice and make it look a little lighter than it is in real life. I may have some other pics kicking around that show the colour better so I'll have a hunt and see if I can dig them out :P

Edited by molan

[quote name='polarislove36' post='1076660' date='Jan 3 2011, 07:19 PM']You have so many awsome basses.[/quote]

Too much time spent 'shopping' last year, lol!

Trying to keep my spending under a bit of control this year - let's see how long that lasts. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me plenty of lust!

Even though I've got a lovely Fender P bass with a NP4 and a nice juicy fat russian paper in oil cap running into an Aguilar DB 924 for the active boost (through a soon to arrive loop pedal) this P makes me all gassy!

[quote name='molan' post='1076633' date='Jan 3 2011, 07:00 PM']Having a bit of blast at listing a few basses this week :)

The latest is a very deep & rich Dakota red custom P with matching headstock. This came all the way from Australia in record time & without a single mark on the box - the delivery man didn't believe it had come that far in such perfect condition.

I was ordered as a custom build with a 'mid' sized nut width of 1.625" which is bang in the middle of a regular Sadowsky J & P. I struggle a bit with 1.75" nut widths and, although it doesn't sound like a huge amount, that slight reduction works much better for me.

The neck profile is really nice, maybe a bit chunkier than a regular Sadowsky J neck - not sure if Sadowsky P's have this profile as standard as this is the only one I've ever played!

It also has a plain fretboard with no markers - this looks much nicer in the flesh than in my photos. This was one of the key custom parts of the original order and not something Roger S normally commits to. Personally I think the plain fingerboard looks great with the matching headstock :)

Body is lightweight swamp ash and neck is all maple. Pickguard is parchment white, not as bright white as the flash in my photos is making it appear. It has those clever Dunlop straplocks that work fine with a regular strap or can be locked in place for extra security.

It also has a, rock solid, original Sadowsky branded D-Tuner and full Sadowsky active circuit with passive option and VTC. This really gives it a surprising amount of tonal flexibility for a single pickup bass. In passive mode it has a nice classic P bass sound, flick to active and there's a volume boost plus a more modern tone & then there's the additional options to boost either treble or bass via the onboard pre and/or roll treble off with the VTC. Sounds huge with some bass boost & a little treble snap through my Aguilar rig :lol:

Unfortunately despite the fact that I really love the look, feel & sound of this bass I simply don't get on with P bass body shapes :lol:

I've been playing my basses higher and higher over the past few years and this just doesn't seem to 'gel' for me with a P & I find my wrist aches after a while - [i]note to self, stop buying P basses just because you like the way they look![/i]

It's in great condition with just the tiniest of marks on the tip of the headstock (too small to photograph) and some string marking on the pickup. There's a few tiny swirls on the scratchplate from general player wear but it really does look like a very new bass (it's about 2.5 years old I think).

There are some markings on the bass, the biggest of which would be on the pickups. There is also a very small ding on the rear side of the neck behind the 6th Fret and one on the tip of the headstock (you can thank my guitarist for that one)

It comes with a Sadowsky hard/soft case, all the case candy (polish cloths, polish, tools etc) as well as the original paperwork from Sadowsky.

This cost US$3,925 when originally ordered so I'm guessing it would be easily over $4,000 (and a 9 month wait) to get one now. With shipping and duties I wouldn't be surprised to see that working out at close to £3,500 in the UK.

Happy to ship anywhere so long as payment for the bass and shipping is made in advance. Also happy to consider trades for something that might be easy to sell like US Fenders, Lakland Skyline, Stingrays or maybe even a Metro Sadowsky if someone is looking to trade up to an NYC :D

There's a batch of pics taken with a bright flash below - some of these don't really do the lustrous red finish justice and make it look a little lighter than it is in real life. I may have some other pics kicking around that show the colour better so I'll have a hunt and see if I can dig them out :P[/quote]
hi barrie, what price have you on sadowsky j, thanks paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...