Why become a member? ×

Last Night's Live Aid Doc

Mykesbass

I didn't watch the documentary, though I do recall watching the Live Aid DVD boxed set with my ex and being impressed at some of the basses. In the music video for "Do They Know It's Christmas" you can see someone playing a Wal bass. Also, Martin Kemp was a well known Wal user, though I think he also played a Musicman Sabre in the early 80's.

[quote name='neilb' post='1070534' date='Dec 27 2010, 09:13 PM']Thought Lancaster was playing a alu necked Kramer.
Also,Kemp wasn't playing a Wal,he just had one slung over his shoulder !!!!![/quote]

You could be right, looked distinctively like a T on the headstock but it was late by my standards and I'm no expert!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1070548' date='Dec 27 2010, 09:27 PM']Kemp was definitely playing his Wal... I Sky Plus'd it and have it on my screen! Has it slung over his shoulder as they walk on stage, but starts playing when the band do...[/quote]

Can you check what Lancaster is playing then please? :)