Why become a member? ×

Warwick P-Nut Signature

acidbass

Now thats fantastic!!! i must say its very high up on my wish list for a 5 string, i had a streamer jazzman 5 for a while a cracking bass with a great sound, i never did like the neck though , i love the spector/streamer body shape amd the MM J pickup system is amazing!! has anyone tried one of these?

I've got one of those Basslines Musicman style humbuckers in my fretless Sabre and it sounds incredible. Although I find it strange that Warwick still fawn over P-Nut, giving him these signature basses. I thought 311 had tanked since the fall of Nu Metal, you never hear of them over here unless you're talking about Warwick!

I've never really considered 311 as being part of the Nu Metal scene. I managed to catch them live around '95 (a while before Nu Metal was big) and became an instant convert. They have a big reggae influence and are generally much more 'musical' than the Nu Metallers. P-Nut is great, but for me the drummer is the real star of the band.

The bass looks very nice indeed. It was reviewed alongside the TM Stevens in BGM, and in comparison is the epitome of good taste!

Edited by Roland Rock

Well, those basses will appeal to a very select customer as the signature range from Warwick always comes with a massive mark up on the price. That said, the TM Stevens Streamer will appeal to no-one as it's so bloody awful! I always really liked the look of the P-Nut basses, it's just a shame they don't do a 4 string.

This is without doubt the best sig' bass warwick make, I think this is a mkII version, not sure, his sig' bass has been around for a while
A streamer jazzzman on steroids, great bass and no doubt it will sound amaziing, but a big price tag too, one to hunt for in the US as i reckon they will be as rare as rocking horse dung here so will be top $$

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='1070617' date='Dec 27 2010, 10:47 PM']This is without doubt the best sig' bass warwick make, I think this is a mkII version, not sure, his sig' bass has been around for a while
A streamer jazzzman on steroids, great bass and no doubt it will sound amaziing, but a big price tag too, one to hunt for in the US as i reckon they will be as rare as rocking horse dung here so will be top $$[/quote]

Totally agree!! i played a streamer jazzman for 6 years as my main bass ( even with the horrible neck) and truly loved the sound, i only got rid of it to get my old ken smith , so ive always fantasised about owning a NT streamer with this pickup combo, either that or the infinity 5 ( with some nordstrands) would be on a lotter win shopping list, you,ll probably never see one here and they are daft money, might be as well going down the warwick custom route!!!
Oh and chris you are right too, if i had the cash for one of these i think i,d be ordering black hardware to go on it, at least its not gold, funny thing is every 5 string i end up with has gold hardware and i chuffin hate gold hardware :) need a black spector bridge, tuners and east knobs now!!

Looking at the Warwick website the bass is a P nut III. I dont have a clue who P-Nut is and never heard of 311. Anyhow it also has a Seymour Duncan preamp which makes me wonder why Warwick would use these electronics? The older version used the MEC ones (like in my JazzMan). So are MEC pups and preamps crap and just not as good as SD? My other Warwicks have EMG's BTW.