Why become a member? ×

My fab bongo bass

greyparrot

[quote name='merello' post='1069327' date='Dec 25 2010, 08:30 PM']Get it embedded!

Brill stuff - love Fagan.

ps - Who played the original?[/quote]

hey how did you do that mate??? if i embed the vids what does that mean? i think Chuck Rainy played the bass part on the album track with s.dan! How did you do that put the vid there? thats so cool?

Thanks Rich.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1069336' date='Dec 25 2010, 08:47 PM']How did you do that put the vid there? thats so cool?[/quote]

Your YouTube video has the address {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzETi665ViA} ... those curly brackets are just there to stop that address from being "clickable".

Take the bit after the "=" sign (SzETi665ViA) and put it between some YouTube bookends like this:

{youtube}SzETi665ViA{/youtube} ... again, the curly brackets replace straight "[]" brackets just so that you can see what I've done.

Take away the curly brackets and use straight ones, and you get this:

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1069486' date='Dec 26 2010, 10:19 AM']Your YouTube video has the address {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzETi665ViA} ... those curly brackets are just there to stop that address from being "clickable".

Take the bit after the "=" sign (SzETi665ViA) and put it between some YouTube bookends like this:

{youtube}SzETi665ViA{/youtube} ... again, the curly brackets replace straight "[]" brackets just so that you can see what I've done.

[/quote]

cool so i would do that if im posting as a link, so when i past the original link, i modify it then?

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1069336' date='Dec 25 2010, 08:47 PM']hey how did you do that mate??? if i embed the vids what does that mean? i think Chuck Rainy played the bass part on the album track with s.dan! How did you do that put the vid there? thats so cool?

Thanks Rich.[/quote]

Becker and Fagen didn't want Rainey to slap the chorus, so Rainey turned his back so they couldn't see him doing so.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1069486' date='Dec 26 2010, 10:19 AM']Your YouTube video has the address {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzETi665ViA} ... those curly brackets are just there to stop that address from being "clickable".

[/quote]

[code]or you could have used code tags so it doesn't post up as a link;)[/code]

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1069513' date='Dec 26 2010, 11:16 AM']i still dont get it, sorry. :-([/quote]

That was in reply to HJ who was using the grouping brackets in order to negate the effect of using square brackets.

But if you want to post a youtube video or anything you need square brackets like this:

[code][youtube]SzETi665ViA[/youtube][/code]

The code tags are there so it doesn't come up as a video.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1069516' date='Dec 26 2010, 11:24 AM']That was in reply to HJ who was using the grouping brackets in order to negate the effect of using square brackets.

But if you want to post a youtube video or anything you need square brackets like this:

[code][youtube]SzETi665ViA[/youtube][/code]

The code tags are there so it doesn't come up as a video.[/quote]

so i post the link then edit it as above, then hit post reply and it should apper as a vid?

Greyparrot - ignore the distractions and go back to my Post #7.

Just follow those instructions, using the same YouTube vid as an exercise to practice with until you get it right (which should take about 30 seconds) and you'll be fine.

Do NOT get involved with stuff like 'Code Boxes'. I'm sure they're jolly useful to some people, but I haven't found a use for them yet.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1069956' date='Dec 27 2010, 09:59 AM']Greyparrot - ignore the distractions and go back to my Post #7.

Just follow those instructions, using the same YouTube vid as an exercise to practice with until you get it right (which should take about 30 seconds) and you'll be fine.

Do NOT get involved with stuff like 'Code Boxes'. I'm sure they're jolly useful to some people, but I haven't found a use for them yet.[/quote]

Oh happy Jack, its not working!:-( can you de code this, then show me what you have done....ie the link as written. Thank you.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccd3m4zz-Mk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccd3m4zz-Mk[/url]

If you look at the 'address' of that YouTube vid, it's a load of gobbledegook leading up to an '=' sign, followed by [size=4][color="#FF0000"]ccd3m4zz-Mk[/color][/size]

That coloured bit is all you want.

Now you need a pair of YouTube bookends.

1. Put [size=4][color="#FF0000"]youtube [/color][/size]inside some square brackets. That's your start bookend.
2. Put the YouTube code (see above) after that.
3. Put [size=4][color="#FF0000"]/youtube [/color][/size]inside some square brackets. Don't leave out the "/". That's your finish bookend.

Here's one I prepared earlier ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1069997' date='Dec 27 2010, 11:15 AM']If you look at the 'address' of that YouTube vid, it's a load of gobbledegook leading up to an '=' sign, followed by [size=4][color="#FF0000"]ccd3m4zz-Mk[/color][/size]

That coloured bit is all you want.

Now you need a pair of YouTube bookends.

1. Put [size=4][color="#FF0000"]youtube [/color][/size]inside some square brackets. That's your start bookend.
2. Put the YouTube code (see above) after that.
3. Put [size=4][color="#FF0000"]/youtube [/color][/size]inside some square brackets. Don't leave out the "/". That's your finish bookend.

Here's one I prepared earlier ...

[/quote]

OH H J what am i doingwrong! look at myyou tube clip in the tread hitmewith your rytham stick! gone wrong :-(

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1070041' date='Dec 27 2010, 12:16 PM']Looks like you've got it sorted, Rich.

Given my lack of technological skills, it always feels weird to be advising others on how to do computery stuff ...[/quote]

thats great mate, im not too good in this sort of thisng, and my bad spelling makes it worse. Will this work on all sites ?

[quote name='Johnston' post='1070099' date='Dec 27 2010, 01:33 PM']I think it depends on how the admin have it set up. For example on another forum I used instead of typing youtube in the book ends it was just yt and the link had to be changed to uk.youtube from www.youtube .

Where as one the Mrs uses you just copy and paste the link and it is automatically embedded.[/quote]

Great fellas thank you for answering my question! many thanks :-)