Why become a member? ×

SOLD*MusicMan SUB 4 Bass (In Wetherby)

chuck_stones

For quick sale is my MusicMan SUB in dark blue.

Great bass, great tone, in great condition (bar some wearing on the top of the headstock, some tarnishing on the tuners and some rub on the metallic scratchplate from thumb placement).

Here's the skinny:
2 band active EQ
Solid poplar body
Painted maple neck
Rosewood fretboard
34" scale
Blue paintwork with a metallic scratchplate

All in all a fantastic bass which, after GAS'ing for a MusicMan since I started playing, I've found something I like the tone of even better (Warwick Corvette $$), so it's time to sell this on in an effort to raise some funds for a 5 string.

Asking for just £325 o.n.o collected (from Wetherby or Leeds), or can arrange to deliver for an additional £25 (I'll include a decent gig bag for posting).

Any questions please feel free to give me a shout, I'll endeavour to get back to you ASAP. Cheers!

Pics:

Edited by chuck_stones

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1061386' date='Dec 17 2010, 10:21 AM']Go on....you know you want to :) It's Christmas after all! Rocking bass and a rocking price too![/quote]

It really is! Im very tempted! Ive got a ray34 sitting in a shop with my name on it, but it plays like a bag of sh-t. So if for some reason its a dud or cant compete on the price of this. I'll be in touch very soon, just after the new year probably!

(im just waiting for the guy at the music shop too attempt a setup!)

Cheers, oh and its my favourite colour :)

[quote name='pandathe3' post='1069994' date='Dec 27 2010, 11:09 AM']It really is! Im very tempted! Ive got a ray34 sitting in a shop with my name on it, but it plays like a bag of sh-t. So if for some reason its a dud or cant compete on the price of this. I'll be in touch very soon, just after the new year probably!

(im just waiting for the guy at the music shop too attempt a setup!)

Cheers, oh and its my favourite colour :)[/quote]

Cancel the ray34 and buy the SUB. The SUB is a great bass and one of the best value basses money can buy. It's more of a Stingray than the 34 IMHO. After all, the SUB was built in the EB factory alongside its more expensive cousin. I also suspect that the SUB will become a bit of a cult bass in the future in the same way that the SG and Les Paul juniors did in the guitar world. It's a no-contest decision in my book. You already have doubts about the ray34 - go for the SUB!

Ive always wanted a SUB and glad i looked through the 10 pages to find this :)

Definitley changing the guard on this haha! I saw the graphite body in a shop when i first started bass as a kid and remember drooling over the bass!

Hopefully he gets back to me soon :) shall have to send a PM!

Think ive already made a decision, hopefully still for sale!

[quote name='pandathe3' post='1070197' date='Dec 27 2010, 03:33 PM']Ive always wanted a SUB and glad i looked through the 10 pages to find this :lol:

Definitley changing the guard on this haha! I saw the graphite body in a shop when i first started bass as a kid and remember drooling over the bass!

Think ive already made a decision, hopefully still for sale![/quote]

Good man! I also changed the guard on mine. I put on a black guard and was well pleased. On that nice blue finish a number of guards would look fantastic. Believe it or not I also had a stingray but preferred the SUB. The stingray was sold and I still have the SUB! All the best. :)

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='Hutton' post='1070237' date='Dec 27 2010, 04:23 PM']Good man! I also changed the guard on mine. I put on a black guard and was well pleased. On that nice blue finish a number of guards would look fantastic. Believe it or not I also had a stingray but preferred the SUB. The stingray was sold and I still have the SUB! All the best. :)[/quote]

Black was my first thought! Cheers! :)

[quote name='pandathe3' post='1070197' date='Dec 27 2010, 03:33 PM']Ive always wanted a SUB and glad i looked through the 10 pages to find this :)

Think ive already made a decision, hopefully still for sale![/quote]
Graphite body?!