Why become a member? ×

FENDER USA JAZZ BASS WITH KORG KAOSS PAD PRO FITTED

minkey1980

FENDER USA JAZZ BASS (with S1 switch) - £550 ovno

This bass has been pro fitted with the amazing Korg Kaoss Pad 3 so that the built in screen on the guitar controls the korg effects (basically identical to Muse guitarist Matt Bellamys Manson guitar).

The customisation was created by Sims Custom Shop in Kent so proper job.

The MIDI Screen has been lifted from the Korg Kaoss Pad 3 and has a large group of Red LED'S behind the screen to light the bass up with a switch right next to the EQ controls. This is controlled by your fingers as you play the bass strings.

The Kaoss pad effects include loops, voice and synth to drum settings.

Due to the retro fittings this leaves two inputs so can also be used to wire up to two amps (think Yamaha attitude) which creates a stereo sound when performing.

Everything you need to operate the system is included so that includes;

Korg Kaoss 3 unit

Stereo leads

Purpose built lead from bass to Korg pad

Strap lock and hardcase also included.

Truly is a one off bass. Plays brilliantly with nice low action and all the original labels included - this is practically brand new.

Change in circumstances leads to sale so grab a bargain - the total package is worth over £1400.

Would consider trade if local to Nottingham - interested in Warwicks and Gibsons

Edited by minkey1980

[quote name='minkey1980' post='1055669' date='Dec 12 2010, 07:54 AM']FENDER USA JAZZ BASS (with S1 switch) - £550 ovno

This bass has been pro fitted with the amazing Korg Kaoss Pad 3 so that the built in screen on the guitar controls the korg effects (basically identical to Muse guitarist Matt Bellamys Manson guitar).

The customisation was created by Sims Custom Shop in Kent so proper job.

The MIDI Screen has been lifted from the Korg Kaoss Pad 3 and has a large group of Red LED'S behind the screen to light the bass up with a switch right next to the EQ controls. This is controlled by your fingers as you play the bass strings.

The Kaoss pad effects include loops, voice and synth to drum settings.

Due to the retro fittings this leaves two inputs so can also be used to wire up to two amps (think Yamaha attitude) which creates a stereo sound when performing.

Everything you need to operate the system is included so that includes;

Korg Kaoss 3 unit

Stereo leads

Purpose built lead from bass to Korg pad

Strap lock and hardcase also included.

Truly is a one off bass. Plays brilliantly with nice low action and all the original labels included - this is practically brand new.

Change in circumstances leads to sale so grab a bargain - the total package is worth over £1400.

Would consider trade if local to Nottingham - interested in Warwicks and Gibsons[/quote]

Just checked these Korg units on youtube. Its a cracking tool to play about with. How useful is it in a bass situation though??

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1055705' date='Dec 12 2010, 09:26 AM']Just checked these Korg units on youtube. Its a cracking tool to play about with. How useful is it in a bass situation though??[/quote]

Hi,

Its good for a number of things;

it is great for dubbing in cover songs (for example, we were doing our own take on dance floor by monkeys and when it came to the intro/chorus I could bring in the sample with some synth and play over it....just like a dj might dub in. For this you would fit your i-pod/pa as the source and run it through your bass (sounds complex but simple).

if you purely run your bass through its best trick is for synth sounds (think wide array of boss pedal synth noises but with this one you control every aspect of that with your finger). There are loads of other effects available (see you tube) but that would be my top.(theres also a drum machine which your finger controls)

finally and most important of all is that it proves the bassist can have bit of bling too!

plus - when you just leave the korg at home you have a top quality usa fender jazz bass to gig with if you dont want the effects .

So you plug the bass into the kaoss pad, the kaoss pad back into the bass for the bass mounted controller to work then the whole thing into an amp and the Kaoss pad basically works an an effects processor but with a drum machine and everything? How many leads run between the bass and the kaoss pad?

[quote name='cocco' post='1055749' date='Dec 12 2010, 10:24 AM']So you plug the bass into the kaoss pad, the kaoss pad back into the bass for the bass mounted controller to work then the whole thing into an amp and the Kaoss pad basically works an an effects processor but with a drum machine and everything? How many leads run between the bass and the kaoss pad?[/quote]

i know, it sounds complex but if you knew me you'd know it could'nt be that hard....

ok, so bass is in your hand.

1. Theres a custom lead from bass to korg - this means you now have control over the touch screen. Whatever happends from now on you will control what goes through the korg device.

2. Korg into amp/pa to hear it.

3. Bass into amp as normal (I have a two way imput convertor for your amp if you want the KOrg and bass to go through same hole).

4. Now to sort the korgs input......if you want the korg to take your bass as the input (which dont forget you dont have to have, the bass just controls the korg so any imput will work) then you put an input lead from bass into the korg like using an effects pedal. However if you want an i pod (for example) then that goes into Korg instead (so you now control the sound of the i-pod). You could even use your mates electric guitar through the korg - endless options.....

For me I stick both guitar and korg into same amp when practising but when gigging I put the korg through pa and bass in amp.

SIMPLE.....(breathe)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1055789' date='Dec 12 2010, 10:55 AM']You should make a youtube demo explaining the setup and basic functions. I think it may be hard to shift this without one.[/quote]

good advice - i'll prob do that some time (unfortunately i need to get my camera back from the father in law first which will prob mean I have to do some editing of his photos first - never good).

in meantime these kind of show it but on a guitar (thats not me by way, i wish).

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24eF40gXWSQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24eF40gXWSQ...feature=related[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aga47agqPU&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aga47agqPU...feature=related[/url]

thanks.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1055789' date='Dec 12 2010, 10:55 AM']You should make a youtube demo explaining the setup and basic functions. I think it may be hard to shift this without one.[/quote]

I wouldnt worry about this shifting. If it doesnt go here it will go on ebay am sure

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS...=item4cf3a27c7b"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS...=item4cf3a27c7b[/url]

You sticking around buddy?? maybe stick a wee intro into the top thread to introduce yourself too.

Edited by munkonthehill

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1055836' date='Dec 12 2010, 11:24 AM']I wouldnt worry about this shifting. If it doesnt go here it will go on ebay am sure

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS...=item4cf3a27c7b"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS...=item4cf3a27c7b[/url]

You sticking around buddy?? maybe stick a wee intro into the top thread to introduce yourself too.[/quote]

its been removed...thats weird.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1055847' date='Dec 12 2010, 11:33 AM']its been removed...thats weird.[/quote]

yes, i just removed it. The missus suggested the dreaded bay but didnt realise i would be getting so much interest here so now happily removed to save lining the evil paypal/ebay mafia. I can always put it back on.

[quote name='minkey1980' post='1055862' date='Dec 12 2010, 11:42 AM']yes, i just removed it. The missus suggested the dreaded bay but didnt realise i would be getting so much interest here so now happily removed to save lining the evil paypal/ebay mafia. I can always put it back on.[/quote]

this is some cool tech you have....what other toys you got in the stable??

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1055872' date='Dec 12 2010, 11:47 AM']this is some cool tech you have....what other toys you got in the stable??[/quote]

not any more, unfortunately.....

in my band days I had all the effects going including a wireless system so that I could walk off stage and still play.

The covers band is quite strict so no more am I allowed to act like the fool....its not the done thing at weddings apparantly...

for shame!