Why become a member? ×

TC stacatto for £600?

LukeFRC

Thanks LukeFRC.
I've just ordered one (of 2) as I've been wanting to gig this particular model for a while and probably would have paid close to that price used.
They are quoting it as new with one year warranty, so if it looks a mess they can have it back.
Should arrive in time for 4 gigs in a row this week which means I'll soon know if it ticks the boxes or not.

[quote name='whynot' post='1054944' date='Dec 11 2010, 01:39 PM']Thanks LukeFRC.
I've just ordered one (of 2) as I've been wanting to gig this particular model for a while and probably would have paid close to that price used.
They are quoting it as new with one year warranty, so if it looks a mess they can have it back.
Should arrive in time for 4 gigs in a row this week which means I'll soon know if it ticks the boxes or not.[/quote]

awesome. i almost bought one then decided not to and went to work and they are all gone. well done!

Just a warning

I bought a SWR power amp at a too good to be true price - it blew and then there was a whole hassle on getting the part etc. GG bought the gear from Fender as no return meaning that Fender wouldnt cover warranty but GG offered warranty via their own tech. After numerous dates for when it would be ready I ended up getting a full refund as it was proving too much hassle.

Can I just say GG were great to deal with and weren't the issue but I'd ask if this is a refurb and get full clarity on why its such a good deal. I spent a few months without a rig and it was very frustrating especially as it was another guy who blew the amp having used it withouot my permission nor informng me it had blown!

Be wary of too good to be true deals and always ask the shop the background.

they seem to be discounting all their shop stock of TC electronics stuff, whether to stop selling them, to refresh the display or what I do not know. Personally I think they may have made a mistake on the pricing or something. the fact they were two leads me to think there possibly is little wrong with them except used as display/demo stock

Just beware of what condition they might be in. Ive seen some of their RH450 combos with so much damage on them it was crazy! I know that finish can be picky, but its in a shop, so it shouldnt get dragged about much.

Hopefully its all fine. A lot of the UK stores have ex-demo TC gear like the Bass Merchant which clearly states ex-demo, but VERY good prices!

Amp arrived today and in perfect cosmetic condition. All seems to work fine as well.
First impressions sound-wise is that it definitely has a slightly more modern edge to the tone compared to the RH450. The highs are crisp and crystal clear which I could not get from the 450. Lows are overpowering... had to roll this off a little for my taste. I can see what people mean by Mid Scooped when set flat but after a minute of playing with the eq preset and a little boost there was no lack of mid punch for me. Now to try on a few gigs.