Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music Stand Light

Sean

I get annoyed and stressed out if I can't read my sheet music because either it's too dark on stage or the coloured lights reflect off the plastic wallets...

Someone told me that ultraviolet was the way to overcome these problems but can't find anything other than this lot [post="0"]here[/post]

Can anyone recommend a product or some way of overcoming the problem?

Thanks

Sean

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' post='120342' date='Jan 14 2008, 07:10 PM']I get annoyed and stressed out if I can't read my sheet music because either it's too dark on stage or the coloured lights reflect off the plastic wallets...

Someone told me that ultraviolet was the way to overcome these problems but can't find anything other than this lot [post="0"]here[/post]

Can anyone recommend a product or some way of overcoming the problem?

Thanks

Sean[/quote]

+1 for UV ..
What's good is that it doesn't interfere with stage lights or draw attention to the fact that you have the music tehre.
Disco supplies and Maplins sell striplights and bulbs, hang one up above the stage and all your white paper (and shirts, dentures and contact lens in some cases) will glow white.
[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=33124&doy=14m1"]Maplins UV bulbs[/url]

Edited by OldGit

I've got a single Mighty Brite and can recommend it. It's l.e.d. so the light is clear and bright. The light emitted is shaped like a spot light on the stand so no overlighting or blinding, plus the flexible neck is really useful. £11.99 at my local complete with batteries. PM me if you want me to pick one up and send it to you.

Cheers,

+1 for Might Brite - got mine from [url="http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/Mighty_Bright_Craft_Lights.html"]Cottonpatch[/url] labelled as a craft light (and also have one of their rather useful A4 size magnifier sheets too, although I think a credit-card sized one would have been more useful).

• 2 weeks later...