Why become a member? ×

Warmouth lined Fretless neck (P profile)

I'm selling the neck off this [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81287&hl="]bass [/url] as i replaced it with a fretted one and i cannot see me doing fretless for a while.

Despite it having the decal of Fretless Jazzbastard it is in fact a Precision profile. It is a beautiful neck and i think 24 fret i.e. the fretboard comes slightly over the scratchplate. Fits Fender.

Tuners not included, although i think i have some other old ones that i can throw in somewhere.

[color="#4169E1"][size=6]Read thread, for sale by Beedster @ bottom of thread :) [/size][/color]

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='Rasta' post='1051996' date='Dec 8 2010, 06:45 PM']I'm selling the neck off this [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81287&hl="]bass [/url] as i replaced it with a fretted one and i cannot see me doing fretless for a while.

Despite it having the decal of Fretless Jazzbastard it is in fact a Precision profile. It is a beautiful neck and i think 24 fret i.e. the fretboard comes slightly over the scratchplate. Fits Fender.

Tuners not included, although i think i have some other old ones that i can throw in somewhere.

Is £75 + P&P resonable?[/quote]

Can I have that Rasta?

C

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1052021' date='Dec 8 2010, 07:23 PM']Absolute bargain for a Warmoth neck, good score Beedster![/quote]

I sniffed around your old Warmoth neck for long enough IIRC! I've since learned to live with dots in the wrong place now, so this neck is a godsend for recording. A weird thing I've noticed over the last couple of years is that a far greater percentage of fretless Jazz necks are lined than are fretless Precision necks, so I'm pleased to have finally found one.

Rasta, to be honest, I think you've under-priced this substantially, so if you're starting to think the same, I'm happy to negotiate a little, it's bloody annoying when you offer something for sale, it sells really quickly and then everyone posts responses along the lines "wow, that was cheap"!

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1052125' date='Dec 8 2010, 09:13 PM']Still, £125 is VERY good price![/quote]

If the bass it came off was £350 total, with Lindy Fralins and an ACG pre, then I'd have thought fair do's at the original price - but you can't go wrong at £125 really!

Edited by LawrenceH

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='1052162' date='Dec 8 2010, 10:56 PM']If the bass it came off was £350 total, with Lindy Fralins and an ACG pre, then I'd have thought fair do's at the original price - but you can't go wrong at £125 really![/quote]
Does this really matter? I don't care where the neck came from. I just stated £125 is nice price for such neck... Warmoth parts are superb!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1052175' date='Dec 8 2010, 10:05 PM']Warmoth necks aint cheap, they still charge $80 extra for a lined fretless neck, but they are fantastic quality. Used prices are pretty bad though as i found out when trying to flog mine - it took about a year![/quote]

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1052191' date='Dec 8 2010, 10:18 PM']Does this really matter? I don't care where the neck came from. I just stated £125 is nice price for such neck... Warmoth parts are superb![/quote]

Great necks indeed, but S/H prices aren't great (Kurca, yours, with tuners, sold for £130 [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=58506&hl=warmoth"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=warmoth[/url], and that was a while back when, let's face it, things were selling for higher prices. I did a quick survey of sold-for prices before arriving at a decent offer to Rasta). But in terms of bang for buck, £125 for this neck is a great price.

Cheers

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1052218' date='Dec 8 2010, 10:50 PM']Great necks indeed, but S/H prices aren't great (Kurca, yours, with tuners, sold for £130 [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=58506&hl=warmoth"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=warmoth[/url], and that was a while back when, let's face it, things were selling for higher prices. I did a quick survey of sold-for prices before arriving at a decent offer to Rasta). But in terms of bang for buck, £125 for this neck is a great price.

Cheers

C[/quote]

Beedster is a gent! Good score. I love warmoths, Somehow I ended up with three of them, two jazzes and one P. They absolutely rule!!!

• 2 months later...

I hope Rasta doesn't mind me using his thread, but the project for which I bought this neck is no longer going to happen, so if anyone wants it for what I paid (ovno), £125, feel free to drop me a PM. It really is a very nice bit of wood.

I'll also trade for a decent rack mount reverb or a decent small diaphragm condenser mic

Cheers

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1128061' date='Feb 15 2011, 10:22 AM']I hope Rasta doesn't mind me using his thread, but the project for which I bought this neck is no longer going to happen, so if anyone wants it for what I paid (ovno), £125, feel free to drop me a PM. It really is a very nice bit of wood.

I'll also trade for a decent rack mount reverb or a decent small diaphragm condenser mic

Cheers

C[/quote]

No probs mate, have modified the original post. If i had some spare cash i would have this back in an instant as i fancy a neck for my Ryder pimp but alas skint times at the mo :)

Good luck with the sale, i shouldn't imagine it will be here for long. :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1128061' date='Feb 15 2011, 10:22 AM']I hope Rasta doesn't mind me using his thread, but the project for which I bought this neck is no longer going to happen, so if anyone wants it for what I paid (ovno), £125, feel free to drop me a PM. It really is a very nice bit of wood.

Cheers

C[/quote]

Heya, Is AKG C1000S used two times, count as a diaphragm?

[quote name='Rasta' post='1128122' date='Feb 15 2011, 11:09 AM']No probs mate, have modified the original post. If i had some spare cash i would have this back in an instant as i fancy a neck for my Ryder pimp but alas skint times at the mo :lol:

Good luck with the sale, i shouldn't imagine it will be here for long. :)[/quote]

Cheers mate. Am I the only guy on here without a Ryder?

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1128363' date='Feb 15 2011, 02:11 PM']Would've liked this myself, but I'm currently certified skint. :) Best of luck with the sale Chris!

Jon.[/quote]

Cheers John, my email is still valid (IYKWIM)!

[quote name='BassKS' post='1128397' date='Feb 15 2011, 02:38 PM']Heya, Is AKG C1000S used two times, count as a diaphragm?[/quote]

Hiya mate, well, two of them might!

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1128451' date='Feb 15 2011, 03:26 PM']Cheers mate. Am I the only guy on here without a Ryder?

Cheers John, my email is still valid (IYKWIM)!

Hiya mate, well, two of them might!

C[/quote]

Ah, nevermind then. I thought Id part offer it towards a neck. One of my jazz warmoths needs a fretless neck.

Cheers anyway.

Fatos

[quote name='BassKS' post='1128463' date='Feb 15 2011, 03:38 PM']Ah, nevermind then. I thought Id part offer it towards a neck. One of my jazz warmoths needs a fretless neck.

Cheers anyway.

Fatos[/quote]

I'm always happy to accept offers Fatos....?

C