Why become a member? ×

My Second Bass!

bassmandan

So, to accompany the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=113498"]build thread of my first Bass[/url] I thought I'd post some pics of my second. It's a slightly different kettle of fish really and it was made for somebody else, so I no longer have it in my possession. The ingredients and processes were a tad more exotic and even though they were both sort of being made alongside each other, it was important for NÖE #1 to reach the finish line first. As a result this one was always a few steps behind and therefore had the benefit of any minimal experience I'd picked up with the making of the first one!

Ways in which it differs from NÖE #1 are:

- the body is all Maple (bookmatched quilt on the front and one piece flame on the back)
- I didn't do the initial shaping of the body, I bought it on here from Chopthebass a few years ago (it was just a radiused Jazz shaped slab though, I did all the carves and routing, neck pocket etc.)
- pickups are Wizards not Barts, still an East preamp though.
- pickup config is obviously different P / MM (with three way coil tap)
- Wenge f-board no dots on front, brass dots on side, no binding.
- Gold hardware.
- finish is obviously the main thing with this, gloss amber-cherry burst.... very happy with the results, in time I'll forget the pain..... maybe!
- oh yeah, and Gold strings!

here are the pics:

tbc....