Why become a member? ×

Mobius Megatar Truetapper 12 String - NOW ON EBID.CO.UK !!!

crplumb

Well, it's time for me to clear out some more from my collection of basses and therefore the next to go is my Mobius Megatar.

Bought second hand in 2009 for a project which then didn't materialise. Used only for home practice and recording but very much underused. Recently restrung to bass-bottom tuning. On board Bartolini pickups give an excellent range of sounds.

Item is in very good condition and comes complete with fitted case and strap. Due to size and weight, buyer will need to collect. Cash on collection only.

I'm looking for in region of £525 for this beast.

If you need any further info, please give me a shout.

Edited by crplumb

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1046222' date='Dec 3 2010, 12:27 PM']Is it me or does it have dots at the 1st, 4th, 6th, 8th etc frets?[/quote]
I think it's you. There's a damping thingy between the first fret and nut, then dots for some inexplicable reason at fret 2, then in the conventional 5, 7, 9, 12, 15 etc positions.

The Megatar does weigh a fair bit - I don't know the exact weight but the Megatar strap does even out the weight of it somewhat and makes it a comfortable play even for a five foot tenner like me!

Materials wise, the through neck construction is made of alder and maple.

If you need any further info, let me know.

I'm going to bump yer here - this is a great price for this instrument.

I have a bolt-neck Dragon-style model that Mobius did on a good price, but had to pay a fair bit extra to get hold of it after customs duty. That's just the instrument, strap and lead. So to get a through-neck, with Bartolinis and a fitted case for around the £525 mark is **really** good if you are considering getting a tapping instrument. A dedicated touchstyle instrument is really a different experience to tapping on a normal guitar or bass.

If anyone's curious the megatar is a fairly hefty experience but as the OP says the megstrap distributes the instrument well (and I'm 5' 7").

Good luck crplumb!

You're right, it's one cool looker and a great instrument to learn - it's actually easier to play than you would imagine as the action is real low.

Can I just say - thanks for all the positive comments on the Megatar.

Item still up for grabs....and would make an ideal Christmas present to any budding Tony Levins/Nick Beggs'!!!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1053107' date='Dec 9 2010, 05:40 PM']It looks cool but I know I'd struggle to ever get it to make a musical sound![/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year to all fellow basschatters!!!

The Megatar is still for sale. Perfect for anyone wanting to start out a new year with a new instrument to extend their skills. I will be sorry to see it go but needs must at the moment.

Looking for £525 for this beast, which includes fitted flight case. Let me know if you are interested.