Why become a member? ×

Nash 58 P-Bass

dmz

Have decided to thin out the collection a bit - so up for grabs is a Nash 58 P-Bass I ordered from the Low End shop in the US in 2008.

[url="http://www.thelowend.net/thelowend/index.htm"]http://www.thelowend.net/thelowend/index.htm[/url]

Ash body with 3-tone sunburst, Lollar pickup, maple fingerboard and medium ageing by Mr Nash.....

Yes - there is an "F-decal" - obtained and fitted by my good self.

Plays great - the neck is a dream and perhaps not for Jazz Bass lovers as it is vintage "C" type - so 1.75 inch at the nut and a good handful.

Looking for £895 plus shipping.

These beasties cost £1500 or so new in the UK so something of bargain I believe.

If you live near South Wales you'd be more than welcome to come over and try her out - PM me if interested.

Doesn't come with a case but can wrap her up well or perhaps you can come over and take her home with you !

No trades please !

[attachment=65242:N58PB1.jpg]

[attachment=65243:N58PB2.jpg]

[attachment=65244:N58PB3.jpg]

[attachment=65245:N58PB4.jpg]

[attachment=65246:N58PB5.jpg]

[attachment=65247:N58PB6.jpg]

Edited by dmz

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have an accurate weight?

Is it a trick of the camera angle or is the neck slightly out of true. It looks like the E string comes in over as it comes down and the G string does the opposite, to the point where the G sting is nearly off the fingerboard; the bridge saddles also look like they are all bumped across to the left of centre!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1055292' date='Dec 11 2010, 07:23 PM']Do you have an accurate weight?

Is it a trick of the camera angle or is the neck slightly out of true. It looks like the E string comes in over as it comes down and the G string does the opposite, to the point where the G sting is nearly off the fingerboard; the bridge saddles also look like they are all bumped across to the left of centre![/quote]

Umm, that's what I thought. Is there any movement in the neck pocket to help re-align?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1055292' date='Dec 11 2010, 07:23 PM']Is it a trick of the camera angle or is the neck slightly out of true. It looks like the E string comes in over as it comes down and the G string does the opposite, to the point where the G sting is nearly off the fingerboard; the bridge saddles also look like they are all bumped across to the left of centre![/quote]
No, there definitely something going on. Actually, I'd concluded that it was the bridge plate being out of alignment.

Nothing wrong with the neck - bass plays perfectly fine.

Bridge could do with being moved a few millimeteres to the left as you look at it come to think of it.

Can get this done by Eltham Jones - who I usually rely on to do any work on my guitars/basses.

• 2 months later...