Why become a member? ×

Gibson grabber value help

Bucket Head

[quote name='Bucket Head' post='1036398' date='Nov 25 2010, 02:29 PM']hi there, thinking about selling my gibson g3 and was wondering what u guys recon there worth atm in the uk. in a bit of money trouble so unfortunately probly gonna have to shift it.

as always ur help is much appreciated
cheeeeeeeeeeeeers[/quote]

You've got it up on Gumtree, haven't you? You'd probably get more for it on eBay if you're prepared to ship abroad, but on here you might get that, or maybe have to come down a bit.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1036591' date='Nov 25 2010, 04:55 PM']You've got it up on Gumtree, haven't you? You'd probably get more for it on eBay if you're prepared to ship abroad, but on here you might get that, or maybe have to come down a bit.[/quote]

yea i had it up there but i think that was a hope for the best price really, i dunno what it wud really go for. how much did u think if i was to put it world wide? i dunno if i cud be botherd with the hassle tbh

cheers neep ill try it on there tomoro or somthing, thats a cool little website and thanks for the interest and stuff toasted i dunno what i shud put it at really im a bit of a noob

They come up more often in the US than here and Rippers and Grabbers seem to be more common, at least recently, than the G3. Having said that there's a 1977 Natural Maple G3 with the original case just gone in the US for $1500 (Item number: 220695663997 if you're registered), but a dealer in Italy has been trying to sell a 1978 black one for 1250 Euro without any luck.

Yours is a 76 according to Guitar Dater, looks like it's in good shape. If it is all original and that's the orginal Gibson case, it's worth all of £700, probably more to the right person. Problem with Basschat is there aren't a lot of Gibson fans here. There's several Rippers gone at around the £600 mark, which I think is undervalued.

I'd PM Jules (EvilLordJuju) - vintageguitars is his site, he may know someone who's looking for one. Also try [url="http://bassoutpost.com/index.php"]http://bassoutpost.com/index.php[/url], most of the Gibson nuts in Europe and the US hang out there.

I'd say a realistic price is around £650 to £700 (for a reasonably rapid sale) - very nice basses but finding a buyer may not be too easy. I love Rippers etc. but there aren't many of us that do. An original case is a bonus (not least 'cause few cases are big enough to take the body)

That's a cracker. I love these basses...I stupidly sold one last year (it sat on here for months at 500), then went on ebay for about 420.

The guy who bought it emailed me again a few months later asking if I wanted to buy it back. I said I was interested and would he sell it back for what he had paid. He stuck it on ebay, didn't reply to any emails and it went with a buy it now of 850 or thereabouts. Bummer.

So, sorry, the pirces on these can be all over the place.