Why become a member? ×

TRADED - Ibanez SR2010ASC Ashula Ltd Edition.

pantherairsoft

THIS HAS BEEN TRARED

Hi folks,

I have a rather unique and fantastic sounding Ibanez SR2010ASC Ashula. This is a limited edition for 2010 and very few remain available to buy from online retaillers. This bass is 6 strings, strung as a 4 string fretted, with the D & G strings repeated over a fretless board as well. Fretless strings have there own pickup so they literally sound like a different bass.

I took this to Nottingham Bass Bash last weekend and it got a fair few compliments and much interest. The preamp and pups in this are unique to this model and blow the socks off othe Ibanez basses I've played. I have replaced all the knobs with expensive (£30 worth) of Hipshot O-Rings and given this a real good set up... It plays fantastic and the intonation is great over both fretted and fretless sections.
Link to more info - [url="http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR2010ASC"]http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR2010ASC[/url]

I recently reviewed this and you can find it here along with many pictures - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=109041"]http://Basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=109041[/url]

I bought this as an investment for the future, but something is available that I really need for a band I'm in and this is going unplayed (generally kept in case like an investment should be!). I have had it a mere 4 weeks and the only time it's left my apartment since was to the Bass Bash. Absolutely spotless.

I would like[b] £660 now including delivery to mainland UK[/b] for this. Also includes are the original knobs as well as the sexy Hipshot O-rings that cost £30 and a decent gigbag as well. I have replaced the strap pins with Schaller ones, which I will leave on as well as including the originals, and will throw in a full set of Schaller strap locks (chrome) for £10.

Will consider part-ex offers on...

lightweight compact combos (Markbass etc) particularly an EBS Drome
EBS Neo 110, 112 or 210
EBS Proline 210
Will consider other compact cabs (110, 112 etc)

I won't be upset if this doesn't sell as I'll put it away for the future as I intended to...

Pictured here alongside my Roscoe... (it's the lighter coloured one, obviously!)

And with the knobs changed for the Hipshot ones...

Edited by pantherairsoft

It is a rather wonderful and odd beast... But sounds and feels amazing.

If anyone wants to try this by the way (And I'd understand that people may wish to with it being a little unusual) it is located in Nottingham City Centre and anyone is more than welcome anytime... Those members on here that know me will know I am ALWAYS happy for anyone to try any of my gear, even if your not sure it's for you...

Shep

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='1035633' date='Nov 24 2010, 09:29 PM']I must admit I was a little bit dubious about the double fretboard but after [url="http://www.ibanez.com/news?ceId=2914&cat=4"]watching the video[/url] I must say it is a very cool idea!

I almost have a GAS attack :)

[i]free bump for a very cool bass[/i][/quote]

Thanks Max. It does sound great and has some great features (like rolling the volume off on the mini pickup pretty much mutes the fretless strings so you can't catch them when playing 4 string fretted :))...

If your GAS does strike I'm sure I can think of A few part-ex items from your stock! :lol:

[quote name='Machines' post='1038951' date='Nov 27 2010, 04:42 PM']Great vid - alas I expect the bass wouldn't sound that good in my hands ![/quote]

The vid is a fairly accurate representation of the natural 'flat EQ' tone of the bass (fantastic pups and pre!). A very 'funk-esque' tone. I was surprised when I first picked it up... Usually video demo's sound nothing like the bass/amp/pedal it's showing...

I've had a large amount of PM's regarding trades with other basses... Sorry people but I'm not interested in other basses at all. It has to be a sale, or part-ex trade involving one of the cabs or combos listed in the 1st post...

UPDATE - Will include shipping within mainland UK...

Edited by pantherairsoft

Big bump!

212 cab requirement has been sorted. Still interested in compact cabs and lightweight combos. Cash is king though!

May consider a 4 string slap monster or an EUB... But this is just a 'feeler' of a trade idea

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

Thanks bud. It's an interesting bit of kit! It got an amazing amount of compliments at the Bass Bash... Even more than my Roscoe (which may be going next year to fund a Marseer Fretless)...

All those combo's for sale here... Someone must fancy a punt at this... Give me a try! Worst I'll say is no :)

Edited by pantherairsoft

• 2 weeks later...